Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

woot! (also known as whoo - yeehaa - etc)

woot! (also known as whoo - yeehaa - etc)

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:14 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: woot! (also known as whoo - yeehaa - etc)

Originally Posted by novocainekarma
mmmmmno.. no answer required..
starbucks and the availabilty of was one of the first things i checked when doing initial investigations of dubai.. sad or what..
very! hahaha

i am sure u will develop a taste for all the millions of other international coffee shop chains that have set up shop in Dubai............ we even have a Pizza Express btw.

so u moving over or is it a holiday?
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

novocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nice

nah im moving over for a year or 2..
and pizza express? my god im moving to manchester arent i?
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:19 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Face81
I am fine thanks.

Tis raining heavily in Dubai at the minute......... its very normal for it to rain in the winter....... april shud be nice and crispy. heh heh

I will be in Dubai till mid april, so perhaps u can attend one of our get-2-gethers.......... they r always fun!

That would be fun, I'm sure

Let's try anyway

PD

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:26 pm
Perfumdiva1

OK Face, serious stuff here, been to Dubai in all the other months, practically, but I cant never remember the weather

Ask me how it is in April in Houston, duhh, I have no clue, and I have been here for years

So all joking aside, please please tell me it is gonna be warm enough for the beach

Got sub-burned playing tennis 3 days ago, now it is bloody freezing today

What's up with that????

Going to be spending most of my days on my own, shopping (for my brother, and for me of course) and sun-bathing, what a hard life eh...

Desperately need some rays for more than 1 or 2 days

How sad am I??

PD

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:28 pm
Perfumdiva1

You lucky duck

Good luck to you...

Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:28 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

lololol........ Dubai is far, far, far superior.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:34 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
OK Face, serious stuff here, been to Dubai in all the other months, practically, but I cant never remember the weather

Ask me how it is in April in Houston, duhh, I have no clue, and I have been here for years

So all joking aside, please please tell me it is gonna be warm enough for the beach

Got sub-burned playing tennis 3 days ago, now it is bloody freezing today

What's up with that????

Going to be spending most of my days on my own, shopping (for my brother, and for me of course) and sun-bathing, what a hard life eh...

Desperately need some rays for more than 1 or 2 days

How sad am I??

PD
okay...... the recent warmth can be attributed to the fact that u r getting so much rain now...... in Winter, when it warms to 27C or more when the average is 23C, u can be pretty sure that rain is on the way. Tis a good indicator....... then once the rains arrive, the winds swing around and temps dive and it gets cold.

As for April.... the start of April shud see temps in the 28-30C range.... by the end of April u will be looking at 30-34C. It is still a month when it can rain and it has rained in April for as far back as I can remember. But it will be warm enough for the beach, though the water might not be warm enough....... not sure bout that. Even though the temps are relatively comfortable, the sun will be strong and will get stronger as the month progresses. Afterall, April is just a couple of months off Dubais summer peak..... so I wud classify the month as the end of Spring. there. heh heh.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:49 pm
The Oracle

did the climate in April scare her off?
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

novocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nice

nooo..
i am fearless and armed with suntan lotion.. <grins>

i will be whingeing from june - sept though..
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:00 pm
The Oracle

nooo..
i am fearless and armed with suntan lotion.. <grins>

i will be whingeing from june - sept though..
as I will as well! Will be back from May - September.......... nice and crispy!

right.......... i am off........... talk to u soon.

F.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

gnite you..
take care x
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:12 pm
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by Face81
did the climate in April scare her off?

I think so, wont put me off though

Brother is looking for a villa as we speak, so I have the job of furnishing it

Would be nice to meet up with some of the names, but I am quite shy really..

Gotta do what a gal has gotta do

PD

Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

morning yall..
i decided to kick this thread up again rather than being a post whore and starting a new one..

got my tickets booked yesterday.. arriving on the tenth..
wa-hay..

case logic aquired for cd/dvd transportation - several..
grand idea yesterday of alphabetising the lot - one..
grand idea binned in favour of "ahh****it" on sight of cd piles - one..

that is all.

good morning/lunchtime dubai!
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:56 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

morning yall..
i decided to kick this thread up again rather than being a post whore and starting a new one..

wa-hay..

that is all.

hey there....all set i see....
Old Feb 27th 2005, 8:04 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

morning yall..

wa-hay..

that is all.

Morning novo please don't answer 'cos I won't understand a bloody thing you say anyhow, just wanted to say hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.