Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who uses adcb bank?

Who uses adcb bank?

Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who uses adcb bank?

my husband likes this bank, do you know anything about it...?

is it actually possible to transfer every month money to your home country to invest/safe it there instead of here?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who uses adcb bank?

Originally Posted by alexalexa

is it actually possible to transfer every month money to your home country to invest/safe it there instead of here?
It is safe and it is likely to fall into the arms of its larger rival NBAD soon.

I have opened an account (they have a ladies only account which requires no minimum balance) with NBAD.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
It is safe and it is likely to fall into the arms of its larger rival NBAD soon.

I have opened an account (they have a ladies only account which requires no minimum balance) with NBAD.

Ladies only account....what is that about? really.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:22 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
so her husband can't spend her money

I bank with ADCB and generally have no issues with my accounts
have online banking so can do any transfers and bill payments
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

I had an experience with ADCB... they are the only bank that finance one of the projects I bought in, in Abu Dhabi Al Reem Island.

They recently decreased their LTV from 85% to 70%. So basically to get a 70% mortgage, I had to pay 30% of the installments. Thats harsh. Who can buy properties with a 70% mortgage.

Also, one of the guys workin there said we wont lend money to those workin in the real estate industry. I told him thats friggin discrimination where I come from.

Oh well,... I guess all banks are reactin to the credit crunch but some banks just take the piss.

Inv.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I also like that bank...They have a nice logo...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae
I had an experience with ADCB... they are the only bank that finance one of the projects I bought in, in Abu Dhabi Al Reem Island.

They recently decreased their LTV from 85% to 70%. So basically to get a 70% mortgage, I had to pay 30% of the installments. Thats harsh. Who can buy properties with a 70% mortgage.

Also, one of the guys workin there said we wont lend money to those workin in the real estate industry. I told him thats friggin discrimination where I come from.

Oh well,... I guess all banks are reactin to the credit crunch but some banks just take the piss.

Inv.
HSBC and Lloyds are your pals...They will help their countrymen out in situations like these...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

ninebean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Confucius
HSBC and Lloyds are your pals...They will help their countrymen out in situations like these...
Was there supposed to be a smilie at the end of that, a bank helping someone, wonders never cease.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ninebean
Was there supposed to be a smilie at the end of that, a bank helping someone, wonders never cease.
I don't do smileys...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

I don't do smileys...

Given your post count, I can understand why not.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ninebean
Given your post count, I can understand why not.
In that case you should only write 3 letters per sentence as well as 25 smileys minimum also on each sentence...Smartass...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

In that case you should only write 3 letters per sentence as well as 25 smileys minimum also on each sentence...Smartass...
OK.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae

Inv.

You can get a 80% LTV loan at ADCB if you transfer your salary account to them..as long as it´s a project with master developer status at least.
Emirates Islamic Bank will give you summat like 85% under the same conditions.

As of last week at least...

As for HSBC and LLoyds...

Nov. 11 (Bloomberg) -- HSBC Holdings Plc and Lloyds TSB Group Plc, two of the largest U.K. banks operating in the United Arab Emirates, are reducing lending there as the credit crunch begins to infect the Persian Gulf.

Lloyds TSB, the London-based bank that entered the U.A.E. market in 1977, stopped offering mortgage loans for apartments in Dubai and reduced the amount it will lend to 50 percent of the price of a villa from 80 percent, it said today in a statement. HSBC, Europe's largest bank, will require customers in the emirate to earn at least 20,000 dirhams ($5,445) a month to get a personal loan, HSBC spokeswoman Andrea Jaishankar said in an interview today.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
No idea - except that it is called Al Nada account;has no minimum balance (which is what caught my attention) and just checked now -the debit card is violet coloured and has a pansy printed on the side
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

we have adcb and they are good