Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Who lives in EID compound and can help...

Who lives in EID compound and can help...

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Hanimoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who lives in EID compound and can help...

with some information?

Hey everybody!

I will move with my family to Eid in January. We will have a 3 Bedroom Villa typ B.

We got a floor plan, that is not very accurate concerning the size of the rooms.

Please, is there anyone who can help us, by providing us with the size of Living room/Dining room and the 3 bedrooms?

Just because we would like to know, what we can bring over (of our furniture) and what will not be fitting.

Your help is most appriciated, and I will pass by with a nice german cheese cake, once I moved in, to thank you.

Also, I would like to ask you, if the AC downstairs in the dining room is used a lot. As you have a AC in the kitchen and one in the small living room. As I want to switch Living/dining room, my sofa would be in front of the AC. Is this a problem?
Where do you guys have your TV? We wanted to put it in the left corner in the beginning of the dining room. is there enough space?

Sorry for all the questions. We only had the chance to have a quick view to the house and now we have to make all moving plans.

Thanks a lot for your support!

best wishes
hanimoon
Old Dec 6th 2011, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who lives in EID compound and can help...

I live on Eid although not in that size of villa. Currently in a 3 bed T but moving to a 4 bed as it is 60,000 sar cheaper and my company were complaining at paying 350,000 a year.

The rooms are generally pretty well proportioned around 4 x 4.5 mtrs but the one thing to bear in mind is that the villas are all fully furnished and management are good at providing extra furniture if you want.

Having a sofa in front of the ac is not a problem but it would become a very cold seat when you have it running in summer!
Old Dec 10th 2011, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Hanimoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Who lives in EID compound and can help...

Dear MaserMan,

thanks a lot for your reply.

Did I understand you right, that the 4 bed is cheaper than the 3 bed? Or are you moving to a 2 bed?

How is live anyway in Eid? Are you there with your family? Is it a nice community?

best wishes
Hanimoon
Old Dec 10th 2011, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who lives in EID compound and can help...

Yes we are moving from a 3 bed to a 4 bed, or I should say we have moved over the weekend.

The 3 bed we were in was 300 sq mtrs and the 4 bed is 240 sq mtrs. Your villa is 190 sq mtrs. The rental is based on size not rooms.

Eid is a good compound and my family really enjoy it. A lot of families and the facilities are pretty good.