Reload this Page >

Where to live in Dubai with minimal driving/moving with baby

Where to live in Dubai with minimal driving/moving with baby

Old Jan 25th 2014, 3:41 am
Just Joined

back2dxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Dubai with minimal driving/moving with baby

Hi

My wife and I lived in Dubai from 2007 - 2011 before moving back to Australia. For work related reasons we may have to return to Dubai in the middle of the year, a prospect that is both exciting and daunting. We were a young couple last time, now we have a baby and a dog and so would be seeing a very different side of Dubai. Last time we lived in the marina and the palm in apartments, but with the dog this just seems impossible. We need to live somewhere that has:

Other young babies/baby groups/baby gym or swimming lessons etc for my wife to meet others in the same position.
Dogs allowed, so probably a villa.
A supermarket and other amenities.
Doesn't involve driving up and down SZR, my wife is fine driving around jumeirah or other neighbourhoods but isn't a confident driver and simply refuses to drive up and down SZR.
Budget c 200k.

I was thinking either Arabian Ranches or Meadows/Lakes - does anyone have experience of these areas? Do they fit the above criteria? Any other ideas? Jumeirah would be great, but I assume dogs aren't allowed in compound villas and anything else would be out of our price range?

Also, anyone got experience of moving to Dubai with a young baby and housewife/husband? How easily did your housespouse meet others and 'settle in'? Any advice?

Thanks.
Old Jan 25th 2014, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice
Default Re: Where to live in Dubai with minimal driving/moving with baby

Doesn't involve driving up and down SZR, my wife is fine driving around jumeirah or other neighbourhoods but isn't a confident driver and simply refuses to drive up and down SZR.
Is she Scottish and it is all about the Saliks?