Reload this Page >

Where to live in Bahrain

Where to live in Bahrain

Old Sep 28th 2014, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

rg1002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Bahrain

Hi

My husband has been offered a job in Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar) but we will be living in Bahrain.

Where are the best areas to live - we are in our mid 30's, no children (and no plans for children), we are used to living in central London so would prefer to be close to supermarkets, restaurants, shops, etc but with an okay commute for the husband. Budget about 850 BHD, can go up to 950.

Also if you can advise the attitudes towards multi racial couples - hubby is white & I am British Indian.

Thanks for any advice/help you can provide!
Old Sep 28th 2014, 4:01 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Bahrain

Originally Posted by rg1002
Hi

My husband has been offered a job in Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar) but we will be living in Bahrain.

Where are the best areas to live - we are in our mid 30's, no children (and no plans for children), we are used to living in central London so would prefer to be close to supermarkets, restaurants, shops, etc but with an okay commute for the husband. Budget about 850 BHD, can go up to 950.

Also if you can advise the attitudes towards multi racial couples - hubby is white & I am British Indian.

Thanks for any advice/help you can provide!
I would say live in Adliya, or maybe Juffair. Your budget is fine for that. You might even get a high end place for that kind of money these days. One of my mates used to rent a 2 bed behind Indian Embassy in a decent building and he paid 700 all in per month.
It's pretty central. Walking distance to shops, bars, restaurants etc...

Spent 2 years in Bahrain as part of a mixed couple. No issues whatsoever. People are not as stupid and blatantly racist as you might believe from reading the bored. Obviously there are exceptions but they exist everywhere (even in London).

Last edited by norsk; Sep 28th 2014 at 4:03 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2014, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Checkout propertyfinder.bh

Excellent site for rentals.

One of my husband's colleagues lives in a high rise apartment building in Juffair in a Fully furnished 2 bed for BHD700 including cleaning.

Reef Island is nice and I've noticed a few younger couples running and walking around the place. A 2 bed is about BHD700 partly furnished.

Reef Island adds about 15mins to the trip from the causeway but so worth it.

Prices are negotiable.

Good Luck

Last edited by Work Widow; Sep 28th 2014 at 5:02 pm. Reason: link
Old Sep 28th 2014, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

rg1002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thank you so much norsk & Work Widow!!
Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Adliya is great, has a kind of a village feel to it, and everything is on your doorstop. Juffair is full of hotels and has some good restaurants but both places are only a five minute drive apart.

Some people may think its strange for a white man to marry an Indian but most wont say anything. Go to Gudaibiya and see where the Indians live, work and eat.