Where to live

Old Jun 14th 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

brendon2001ad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live

Hi,

I have lived in the UAE for 4 years with the last year in Dubai. Looking for somewhere to live which is near the TECOM area. Needs to be 2 bedrooms and around 85,000-90,000.

Anyone offer any thoughts. We know the different areas but not well enough for living in e.g. JLT Marina TECOM and Al Barsha.

Any ideas?
Old Jun 15th 2013, 6:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live

Originally Posted by brendon2001ad
Hi,

I have lived in the UAE for 4 years with the last year in Dubai. Looking for somewhere to live which is near the TECOM area. Needs to be 2 bedrooms and around 85,000-90,000.

Anyone offer any thoughts. We know the different areas but not well enough for living in e.g. JLT Marina TECOM and Al Barsha.

Any ideas?
you have lived here 4 years and are not familiar with these areas? TECOM is pretty accessible, I would look there over the other three.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

brendon2001ad is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course we are familiar with the areas but I meant regarding the rental in particular value for money e.g. after some digging around this morning you can get more for your money regards the quality of an apartment in JLT in comparison to Tecom.

Maybe my original post wasn't clear enough.

At the end of the day, we have a budget and I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone had any experience or thoughts to add.

Thanks for replying though!
Old Jun 15th 2013, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

What about the Greens? You would possibly get 2 bed at that price
Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brendon2001ad
Of course we are familiar with the areas but I meant regarding the rental in particular value for money e.g. after some digging around this morning you can get more for your money regards the quality of an apartment in JLT in comparison to Tecom.

Maybe my original post wasn't clear enough.

At the end of the day, we have a budget and I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone had any experience or thoughts to add.

Thanks for replying though!
Access in JLT is a nightmare! stick to TECOM or Greens
Old Jun 16th 2013, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Brain_ is an unknown quantity at this point

How is the quality of the houses in the Greens?
Falling apart or decent condition?
The prices offered for a 2 bed seem reasonable to me.

cheers
Old Jun 16th 2013, 6:31 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Brain_
How is the quality of the houses in the Greens?
Falling apart or decent condition?
The prices offered for a 2 bed seem reasonable to me.

cheers
biggest issue on The Greens is parking, you only get one space then it is just a free for all.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
biggest issue on The Greens is parking, you only get one space then it is just a free for all.
Since we will have only one car that should not be a problem
Old Jun 16th 2013, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I much prefer Tecom. There are so many places to eat (and drink) within walking distance, not to mention great shops and prophetic graffiti... Unfortunately, we have a dog and there are no gardens, otherwise we would move back there like a shot.

We were paying around 60k for a 2 bed in Tecom this time last year.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:10 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I much prefer Tecom. There are so many places to eat (and drink) within walking distance, not to mention great shops and prophetic graffiti... Unfortunately, we have a dog and there are no gardens, otherwise we would move back there like a shot.

I think you get better value for money in TECOM over the greens, bigger apartments etc but it is still a bit of a construction site. We lived there when it first opened, was glad to leave due to the construction and traffic, but accessibility is good.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think you get better value for money in TECOM over the greens, bigger apartments etc but it is still a bit of a construction site. We lived there when it first opened, was glad to leave due to the construction and traffic, but accessibility is good.
I have identified "The Springs" as a possibility as well. Any thoughts on that location?
TECOM I could not find on Google earth, can someone point me in the right direction please?
My daughter will attend DIA, Dubai International Academy, so I look for some housing nearby.

cheers
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I have identified "The Springs" as a possibility as well. Any thoughts on that location?
We live in The Springs and love it there. Unfortunately you will find people on this forum very sneery about The Springs.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:32 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

TECOM I could not find on Google earth, can someone point me in the right direction please?
Seriously! Let me help you.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:34 am
Concierge

We live in The Springs and love it there. Unfortunately you will find people on this forum very sneery about The Springs.
not at all, it's just most of prefer something a bit more individual, bigger as well. If you go for Springs then the higher springs are closer to DIA, the Lakes is very close to DIA as well but they are a bit more expensive
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikewot
Seriously! Let me help you.
Great, so it's called Dubai Media City. Aha! easy if you know....

Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.