Where to Live?????

Where to Live?????

Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to Live?????

Hi All

Moving to Dubai early January.
I have been advised it is likely I will be working on the Downtown Jebel Ali project, and would like some advise on most suitable places to live, bearing in mind the traffic!

Looking on Google Earth, would Arabian Ranches, for instance, be suitable, and how long, approximately, would travelling back and forth to work take?
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Live?????

again, this is totally a budget thing....

but Marina, Emirate Hills area is prob your best option.

AR is a bit further out and can be a nightmare to access/egress

(Emirate hills being Springs/Meadows/Lakes)

but seriously if your work is giving you 130K, you are in trouble im afraid
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
again, this is totally a budget thing....

but Marina, Emirate Hills area is prob your best option.

AR is a bit further out and can be a nightmare to access/egress

(Emirate hills being Springs/Meadows/Lakes)

but seriously if your work is giving you 130K, you are in trouble im afraid
The offer in respect to accom allowance is circa 130k, dependent on rental prices at the time of negotiating, so hopefully, this can be increased if necessary. Also, I would be happy to top up the allowance with circa 30k depending on the property
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfan
The offer in respect to accom allowance is circa 130k, dependent on rental prices at the time of negotiating, so hopefully, this can be increased if necessary. Also, I would be happy to top up the allowance with circa 30k depending on the property

you are playing a dangerous game if you agree with your work a rent of 130K and top it up with 30K of your own cash.

Next year it may need 45K of your own cash

Year after 55K etc

I would stand your guns and get more out of your company. For a 3 bed in any of the places i mentioned, you are looking at around 180K (i think)
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:17 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

You can get 3-bed apartments in JBR for 130k. JBR's pretty much the rental bargain of Dubai at the moment.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Actafool83 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GarethR
You can get 3-bed apartments in JBR for 130k. JBR's pretty much the rental bargain of Dubai at the moment.
im moving to Dubai in January and ive got a 8000Dhs accomodation allowance per month. Is this good or bad?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Actafool83
im moving to Dubai in January and ive got a 8000Dhs accomodation allowance per month. Is this good or bad?
Actafool, it depends what your needs are or where you need to locate, also as mentioned before Landlords require rent either 1 year in advance or perhaps 6 months so you would need the full 96k upfront, that you need to discuss with company.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Actafool83 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Actafool, it depends what your needs are or where you need to locate, also as mentioned before Landlords require rent either 1 year in advance or perhaps 6 months so you would need the full 96k upfront, that you need to discuss with company.
cheers p2p. my company will pay for the year up front then deduct it from my wages, so from the figures that have been quoted ill be sleeping in a shed somewhere then, im working near Midrif but i would like to stay near the beach if possible, Any thoughts
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

cheers p2p. my company will pay for the year up front then deduct it from my wages, so from the figures that have been quoted ill be sleeping in a shed somewhere then, im working near Midrif but i would like to stay near the beach if possible, Any thoughts
Property by the beach is expensive and as far as I know you will struggle to get anything at that price. There are apartments in Al Nada which is quite near Mirdif (within your price range), if you look at a map of Dubai Mirdif is very close to the airport, but would need to know what you need 1/2/3 bed

You will also need to consider living near work as traffic can be a mare.

Do you have a dubai map ???
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

are you coming over alone or with baggage?
If you are coming alone then you should be ok with that allowance. You will get a studio or 1 Bed apartment for that sort of money.

If you want to be in walking distance from the beach then you'll have to look at an apartment in the marina or JBR but face a 45 minute - 1 hour commute. Traffic wont be bad but its a fair distance.

Your other option will be to share a villa in Jumeira or Umm Suqeim. If you take that option you'll be in a nice area close to the beach and will even save a little from your housing allowance.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:04 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Your other option will be to share a villa in Jumeira or Umm Suqeim. If you take that option you'll be in a nice area close to the beach and will even save a little from your housing allowance.
However, you'd be taking a risk on sharing there, because it's illegal. Sharing's only legal in some private developments, like the Meadows/Springs/Lakes etc.

A friend who shares at JBR said there are signs up around his tower saying that sharing is against Dubai Properties policy and action will be taken against anyone found doing it.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
However, you'd be taking a risk on sharing there, because it's illegal. Sharing's only legal in some private developments, like the Meadows/Springs/Lakes etc.

A friend who shares at JBR said there are signs up around his tower saying that sharing is against Dubai Properties policy and action will be taken against anyone found doing it.
Im pretty sure there is no law against sharing. Only that some areas such as Jumeira and Umm Suqeim are reserved for Families only. Married couples can share without problems. Most people won't have a problem sharing in those areas unless the landlord wants you out to avoid the rent cap.

In JBR it will just be a contractual stipulation that there is no sharing. and that wont be imposed because if it was the place would be completely empty.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

avoid the arabian ranches. it is hell to get into and out of during peak hours. several thousand houses serviced by a little two lane road?! ******* idiots.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Hi All

Moving to Dubai early January.
I have been advised it is likely I will be working on the Downtown Jebel Ali project, and would like some advise on most suitable places to live, bearing in mind the traffic!

Looking on Google Earth, would Arabian Ranches, for instance, be suitable, and how long, approximately, would travelling back and forth to work take?
why not get an apartment in the green community? i think you might find a two bed for around your budget if i remember correctly
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by expat.brat
why not get an apartment in the green community? i think you might find a two bed for around your budget if i remember correctly
Discovery Gardens would be an ideal location for you if you can accept apartments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.