Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where are everybody???

Where are everybody???

Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:17 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are everybody???

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Good What you up to today Novita, I have just got up, nice lay in lol
too lazy to go out... hubby took Sam to school... want to go to the mall but can't sit at starbucks. So I sit on the computer desk instead... lol...
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Hiya DanMarsden, I just had to say what a nice family background history you have there!! People from a mix of different backgrounds are very lucky. I have always found Lebanese culture and the people so interesting and so nice, I don't know why but I have a bit of an obsession, I visited Beirut once and fell in love with the place, that city is definitely somewhere I could live Are you from Beirut?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:18 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i think I have seen you in the lounge or TIO, but welcome to the ME section anyway. Nice to get fresh blood around here
JB, what is TIO?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:19 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
too lazy to go out... hubby took Sam to school... want to go to the mall but can't sit at starbucks. So I sit on the computer desk instead... lol...

I know how you feel, no Starbucks mornings are just eewwww
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:20 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Novita, yeah, I wouldn't give up Brit citizenship for a Qatari one haha.. But the good thing with Lebanon is that it has dual citizenship laws. I'm not willing to give up my Lebanese citizenship, that's for sure.
semarang

I know how you feel, no Starbucks mornings are just eewwww
Nearly got arrested yesterday... eating marshmallow in the car... ups!!!
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Starbucks is evil.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:23 am
semarang

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Novita, yeah, I wouldn't give up Brit citizenship for a Qatari one haha.. But the good thing with Lebanon is that it has dual citizenship laws. I'm not willing to give up my Lebanese citizenship, that's for sure.
So I assume your father is a brit and ur mom is lebanese. And at the moment u have a lebanese citizenship? Good if u have dual nationalities. My country won't let ppl have dual nationalities, so my son won't give up his british citizenship for my country citizenship. I found it is suck!!! Everytime we going home I have to buy visa for hubby and son.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:23 am
semarang

Starbucks is evil.
Why is that Dan? Btw... thank you for ur karma. Pls feel free to give me more in the future.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Hiya DanMarsden, I just had to say what a nice family background history you have there!! People from a mix of different backgrounds are very lucky. I have always found Lebanese culture and the people so interesting and so nice, I don't know why but I have a bit of an obsession, I visited Beirut once and fell in love with the place, that city is definitely somewhere I could live Are you from Beirut?
Yeah, I've lived all my life in (east) Beirut (that's the Christian area of Beirut when it was divided during the civil war). For some odd reason, the "downtown" does not give me a great feeling, because I get very bad images of destroyed buildings, etc. from the civil war, even though most of those buildings have been demolished now and new ones built.

I've been to Syria (Aleppo), and it felt really so different, in a weird way. I don't know what was different, but I got a very weird feeling. And it was only for 3 days, mind you, so I wasn't homesick or anything. Hmm..
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:25 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

JB, what is TIO?
Take It Outside
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:27 am
Banned

Why is that Dan? Btw... thank you for ur karma. Pls feel free to give me more in the future.
Well, for political reasons. Starbucks has been and still is a huge investor in the Israeli Defense Forces as well as in the Iraq war.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:29 am
Banned

Well, for political reasons. Starbucks has been and still is a huge investor in the Israeli Defense Forces as well as in the Iraq war.

OMG don't tell me that Will have to go to the CoffeeBean/TeaLeaf place.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:30 am
Banned

So I assume your father is a brit and ur mom is lebanese. And at the moment u have a lebanese citizenship? Good if u have dual nationalities. My country won't let ppl have dual nationalities, so my son won't give up his british citizenship for my country citizenship. I found it is suck!!! Everytime we going home I have to buy visa for hubby and son.
No, my mom is not Lebanese either.. But my dad was serving in the peacekeeping forces during the civil war, and was killed. My mom and I stayed in the country and got citizenship. I guess you can call it "special circumstances." Where are you from, btw?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 5:32 am
semarang

OMG don't tell me that Will have to go to the CoffeeBean/TeaLeaf place.
How abt me? Me and hubby always go to C.Bean/T.Leaf in Singapore, but in Doha we have no choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.