Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to buy an iPhone 6 in Dubai (non-GCC version)

Where to buy an iPhone 6 in Dubai (non-GCC version)

Old Nov 2nd 2014, 4:47 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy an iPhone 6 in Dubai (non-GCC version)

Originally Posted by Bravo101
Good to know that norsk.
Although I agree that shouting at someone in person if there is an issue is more satisfying than over the phone/in an email
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where to buy an iPhone 6 in Dubai (non-GCC version)

Originally Posted by Bravo101
I found an unlocked iPhone 6 non-GCC spec at HiPHONE in Marina Mall, it's a stall near Starbucks. Their price for the 64GB version is 3,795 AED versus JadoPado's 3,499 and I was told that they also offer a free one year warranty. A bit more expensive but at least you get a physical location if you need to take it back.

The price direct from Apple is AED2999. Is it really worth paying nearly AED800 extra for a dodgy warranty and facetime? You can still use Skype for video calls if you require it. 7 day delivery as well.

Jadopado warranty is through Allianz and is pretty good. I have broken two screens on 2 phones i Bought off them, and the service was good. For one of the phones the repair guy came to my office in AD and replaced the shattered iPhone screen at my work.

I bought a iPhone 6 plus at DG Sharaff in Ibn Battuta mall. I paid 150 AED over Apple price but was able to walk out shop with it rather than wait 4 weeks. I dont use facetime ( I have it on my Macs and ipads if required)