Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

When your housemaid is an Emarati!

When your housemaid is an Emarati!

Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:00 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default When your housemaid is an Emarati!

OK, Ladies..

It's been easy for you to kick the housemaids coz they came from far away and in need of few dirhams from you...All they can get is about 10 or 20 dirhams per day while you treat her life a donkey.

Now tell me!. What will happen if no more housemaids from abroad and that you have to employ Emaraitis to do your house work!. How much do you think you will have to pay them?. How well would you treat them?. Would you not eat and share things with them?. Wouldn't you treat them like family member?.

I keep on wondering when such time comes I'll be the first one to apply for a part time job but on one condition...
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:16 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When your housemaid is an Emarati!

I'd love to see what would happen if your Mum saw this......she'd open a big can of whoop-ass on your head!

Anyway, you wouldn't have to pay them anything because they wouldn't show up.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:48 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
OK, Ladies..

It's been easy for you to kick the housemaids coz they came from far away and in need of few dirhams from you...All they can get is about 10 or 20 dirhams per day while you treat her life a donkey.

Now tell me!. What will happen if no more housemaids from abroad and that you have to employ Emaraitis to do your house work!. How much do you think you will have to pay them?. How well would you treat them?. Would you not eat and share things with them?. Wouldn't you treat them like family member?.

I keep on wondering when such time comes I'll be the first one to apply for a part time job but on one condition...

We dont treat the maids like donkeys. Far from it which is why most of the maids prefer to work wt western families then local ones.

I have seen locals treat their maids worse than they would do to their donkeys believe me. Besides most of us are used to not having maids back at home so its no big deal really. Western women are used to doing their own housework, take care of their families, do other jobs and go out for a laugh. We are not that bored u see. On the other hand local women spend their time in beauty spas and doing shopping. They r the ones who have maids doing things for them. I wonder how THEY would behave if they had locals do the dirty jobs for them.

Somehow I cannot picture that happening anytime in the future
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:59 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
We dont treat the maids like donkeys. Far from it which is why most of the maids prefer to work wt western families then local ones.

My girlfriend neighbour from south africa their seventh maid in two months ran awaya! because they were also asking for BREAK FAST IN BED! Something very western isn't it!

I have seen locals treat their maids worse than they would do to their donkeys believe me. Besides most of us are used to not having maids back at home so its no big deal really.

Yes some do and some don't! so i wonder those who do what will they do then!

Western women are used to doing their own housework, take care of their families, do other jobs and go out for a laugh. We are not that bored u see. On the other hand local women spend their time in beauty spas and doing shopping. They r the ones who have maids doing things for them. I wonder how THEY would behave if they had locals do the dirty jobs for them.

Somehow I cannot picture that happening anytime in the future

western women dont have the same kind of money like the local women! I see a lot of western women drunk in the bars and they do party all night... Every people have their own thingys!

look at Madonna, look at Paris Hilton! what do they do all the time? good question isnt it?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:01 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

...Every people have their own thingys!
I certainly hope the one I have is mine!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:43 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

My girlfriend neighbour from south africa their seventh maid in two months ran awaya! because they were also asking for BREAK FAST IN BED! Something very western isn't it!

Maid ran away cos their employer asked for breakfast in bed????? R u sure???
Omg that is suchhhhh a bad thing to do, ask to have breakfast in bed....LOL

Yes some do and some don't! so i wonder those who do what will they do then!

western women dont have the same kind of money like the local women! I see a lot of western women drunk in the bars and they do party all night... Every people have their own thingys!

Am sure local women do their own thing in hush hush......have heard a lot of stories to what extent they can get to believe me and its much much worse then getting drunk.

look at Madonna, look at Paris Hilton! what do they do all the time? good question isnt it?

Paris Hilton and Madonna......................PMSL....u sure ure living in the real world and not a fantasy one
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:40 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

And what condition would that be??

It makes no odds to me where the maid comes from because I won't ever be employing one!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
And what condition would that be??

It makes no odds to me where the maid comes from because I won't ever be employing one!!
Ive seen them in many many movies;French maids are the best....
Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:35 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Originally Posted by shoushou
Ive seen them in many many movies;French maids are the best....

French maids??? hmmmmm u wish
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Doesn't surprise me in the least - I have seen South Africans and the way they treat their staff in South Africa - sick actually, and I bet their worse here because their arrogant attitude would stop them from trying to understand a different culture (and the rest if us from trying to understand them! - worst accent on the planet I think!!). So yes, I understand maids running away from them - they're only human in the end and there's only so much you can take! I on the other hand DO treat my maid/gardener like they were family and I am proud of it but would never ask them for breakfast in bed - thats just a little bit sick/wierd if you ask me.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NooNoo
Doesn't surprise me in the least - I have seen South Africans and the way they treat their staff in South Africa - sick actually, and I bet their worse here because their arrogant attitude would stop them from trying to understand a different culture (and the rest if us from trying to understand them! - worst accent on the planet I think!!). So yes, I understand maids running away from them - they're only human in the end and there's only so much you can take! I on the other hand DO treat my maid/gardener like they were family and I am proud of it but would never ask them for breakfast in bed - thats just a little bit sick/wierd if you ask me.

South african still believe in white supremecy, but no the blacks have taken control of what belongs to them, so these south african whites are leaving the country and coming to places like the Gulf.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:55 am
W10

Originally Posted by Malteser
I think most people treat their maids like sh!t, irrespective of nationality.

Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by W10
I think most people treat their maids like sh!t, irrespective of nationality.

yes this is so true, some people even bite their maids I wonder what they will do if their Housemaids are Emaraties I think people will start serving their maids instead of the other way around.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

yes this is so true, some people even bite their maids I wonder what they will do if their Housemaids are Emaraties I think people will start serving their maids instead of the other way around.
Now there's a typical Emirati attitude if ever I heard one!!!!! :scared:
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:18 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what Cass, put this thread on the Expat Woman chatboard..then sit back and wait

Will be entertaining at the very least!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.