Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

When Does Ramadan finish this year?

When Does Ramadan finish this year?

Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:32 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default When Does Ramadan finish this year?

thanks.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:34 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Does Ramadan finish this year?

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
thanks.
Helloooo, around the 23rd/24th October. Spoke to a local at the gym a couple of days ago and she told me.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:36 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Zannie, long time no see!!

hows things????
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:39 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Zannie, long time no see!!

hows things????
Very well thanks and we have a little Zannie or Gareth on the way!!

When are you planning on coming out? I'm guessing after Ramadan!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:40 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Zannie
Very well thanks and we have a little Zannie or Gareth on the way!!

When are you planning on coming out? I'm guessing after Ramadan!!
Yeah i know!!..congratulations!!!!

You guess correctly..
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:45 pm
A Natural Blonde

Yeah i know!!..congratulations!!!!

You guess correctly..
Glad to know the Dubai Grapevine is working!!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:46 pm
A Natural Blonde

And thanks very much...
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:56 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Zannie
Glad to know the Dubai Grapevine is working!!!
The jungle drums are heard from far and wide !!
Old Sep 9th 2006, 3:29 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Oh come on guys. There are good points to Ramadan as well...My favourite part has got to be going home early from work every day, instead of leaving at 5.30, we left at 4. A Bargain surely?
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happiness
Oh come on guys. There are good points to Ramadan as well...My favourite part has got to be going home early from work every day, instead of leaving at 5.30, we left at 4. A Bargain surely?
Yes, and on the way home you get to try and dodge the starved and dehydrated rushing home for Iftar at 180 km/h. Maybe we should start a separate thread on the good points of Ramadan?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 11:43 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

We always get an email along the lines that "Ramadan hours are now in affect,if you wish to adhere to them you may do so, however this needs to be a personal choice and based on you individual work load"

And the unsaid is "Yep, try it and watch any year end bonus you were thinking of disappear in a puff of smoke.... "
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:07 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

And if it's a dusty night, Eid could be delayed. All depends on whether those clerics have polished their telescopes properly.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
We always get an email along the lines that "Ramadan hours are now in affect,if you wish to adhere to them you may do so, however this needs to be a personal choice and based on you individual work load"

And the unsaid is "Yep, try it and watch any year end bonus you were thinking of disappear in a puff of smoke.... "

Luckily we all have and exercise the same personal choice - come late and leave early.....
Old Sep 13th 2006, 9:14 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Luckily we all have and exercise the same personal choice - come late and leave early.....
I would love to go with that method, but previously the bonus has been substantial enough to make losing it a serious ouch so I'll still be slaving away til 6.... But it's my choice, honest guvnor
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I would love to go with that method, but previously the bonus has been substantial enough to make losing it a serious ouch so I'll still be slaving away til 6.... But it's my choice, honest guvnor

Can't believe that your entire year's bonus hinges on the one hour extra time put in during Ramadan. That is sad

I did notice in my previous office, that people always worked really long hours from the last week of November to end December - appraisal time

Luckily I had my boss conditioned to the fact that I stick to office timings - it became a sort of joke when folks actually set their time when I left at sharp 4 pm

Last edited by IndieG; Sep 13th 2006 at 11:07 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.