Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite newspaper and why?

What's your favourite newspaper and why?

Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:08 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your favourite newspaper and why?

Ok I love the UK gossip but they are mainly full of ads and 24hours late. For a local paper I like the Gulf News, although I hate these big papers that takes up more than a Starbucks table!!!
I read most online for up to date stuff, news, gossip....back home I loved the News of the Screws (News of the World to those who are not the wiser LOL).

So what do you read and why?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's your favourite newspaper and why?

The Sun darling, oh, bless The Sun for all the celebrity goss but The Daily Telegraph when I am trying to not look blonde! Which broadsheet do you read JB? I read the Mirror when I want a tabloid
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:20 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Ok I love the UK gossip but they are mainly full of ads and 24hours late. For a local paper I like the Gulf News, although I hate these big papers that takes up more than a Starbucks table!!!
I read most online for up to date stuff, news, gossip....back home I loved the News of the Screws (News of the World to those who are not the wiser LOL).

So what do you read and why?
i can't believe you started this thread!!! I think we must have telepathy. As soon as i sent you my last thread about the newspapers I did think of starting one to see what's everyone's favourite newspaper but you beat me to it. amazing........... and spooky......... :scared:

My favourite newspapers are: Daily Mail and the Gulf Daily News from Bahrain. (Not the Gulf News from here) I hate the Gulf News, Khaleej times etc because the nespapers are too big to comfortably handle and full of boring crap.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:40 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
The Sun darling, oh, bless The Sun for all the celebrity goss but The Daily Telegraph when I am trying to not look blonde! Which broadsheet do you read JB? I read the Mirror when I want a tabloid
Gulf News and FT for hubby......Mirror and Mail....the only crosswords I can do LOL
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Broadsheets are no good, too wide to open in the Toilet.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 12:50 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
ha Ha ha

Trust a man to think of that.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Also in the Toilet No one will look over your shoulder and tell you 15 down

Well you hope no one will!!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:22 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Gulf News (the Dubai vesion) is very, very good indeed.......... broad sheets or not, its brilliant.

As for tabloid sized papers.............. 7 Days wins hands down......... errrrrrrrrrrrr............. not much choice really, eh? lol
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:43 pm
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by Face81
Gulf News (the Dubai vesion) is very, very good indeed.......... broad sheets or not, its brilliant.

As for tabloid sized papers.............. 7 Days wins hands down......... errrrrrrrrrrrr............. not much choice really, eh? lol
sorry Face,

From a woman's perspective, the Gulf News is awful. its so booooorrrriiinng. Its too big for us ladies to hold comfortably. You need to put if on the table to be able to see it properly. I don't buy it anymore. The supplements with it are just as bad. I just have no time for the broadsheets at all, either local or UK ones.

7 days is the best local paper here. I look forward to it being deposited under my gate each morning. Could do with some more pages though to fill it out a bit.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenb2
sorry Face,

From a woman's perspective, the Gulf News is awful. its so booooorrrriiinng. Its too big for us ladies to hold comfortably. You need to put if on the table to be able to see it properly. I don't buy it anymore. The supplements with it are just as bad. I just have no time for the broadsheets at all, either local or UK ones.

7 days is the best local paper here. I look forward to it being deposited under my gate each morning. Could do with some more pages though to fill it out a bit.
When the Gulf News starts printing it's own articles instead of AP and Reuters (with spelling errors) I might read it seriously.

7 days is one of the best local papers here right now...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:58 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Talking abt reading in the toilet ... hubby always bring his book there ... and won't come out before his chapter finished !!! Spend ages inside !!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:41 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

sorry Face,

lololololol............. love the broadsheets and the tabloid sized papers. its really a good read, especially the local section. 7 Days is good aswell........ I like the "free" journalism and the articles they write themselves. Always a good read and its free!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:35 pm
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by novita77
Talking abt reading in the toilet ... hubby always bring his book there ... and won't come out before his chapter finished !!! Spend ages inside !!!

Novita,

This made me really laugh Hope you buy his books with short chapters in it or else you will be cross legged!!

Never heard of anyone taking a book to read, especially not leaving until they finished a chapter.

Ha Ha Ha
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:43 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Novita,

This made me really laugh Hope you buy his books with short chapters in it or else you will be cross legged!!

Never heard of anyone taking a book to read, especially not leaving until they finished a chapter.

Ha Ha Ha
Well... Karen ... I don't think he would be very happy if I choose what book for him to read???
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:17 pm
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by novita77
Well... Karen ... I don't think he would be very happy if I choose what book for him to read???
No I don't suppose he would.

I must admit, my friend has a wonderful basket in her toilet and its full of great magazines. I can't resist the temptation to read them when I am in there. So much so, I have now put my old magazines in my downstairs toilet for visitors to view. Maybe I should put up a bookshelf in case anyone wants to read a book instead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.