Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's Dubai Like?

What's Dubai Like?

Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's Dubai Like?

I may have to move there so wondering if it's any good?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:52 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's Dubai Like?

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Its awsome dude!!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

your winding us up! you only just left
Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
your winding us up! you only just left
You have to leave to be able to go back though eh......

Seriously - I might blo.ody well have to go back due the other half. I like it here in Bahrain although i have to say there's **** all to do here. Met some decent people though.

I hope the traffic situation has been solved and the rents have plummeted in my abscence.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

You have to leave to be able to go back though eh......

Seriously - I might blo.ody well have to go back due the other half. I like it here in Bahrain although i have to say there's **** all to do here. Met some decent people though.

I hope the traffic situation has been solved and the rents have plummeted in my abscence.
nothing has changed Jeeper apart from the SZR is quieter whether that is due to Salik or the summer, we won't know until September on that one. Shame - does your other half not like it in Bahrain??
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nothing has changed Jeeper apart from the SZR is quieter whether that is due to Salik or the summer, we won't know until September on that one. Shame - does your other half not like it in Bahrain??
Can't find work. No one here over summer and ramadan just around the corner. She was offered a really good job in dubai after i'd already signed for my transfer so had to pass on it. They said if she ever came back.....

.....so she asked and they've said yes subject to an HR interview so if she gets that then i'll be under the pressure to go back if I can transfer back. If I can't - It's off to the UK.

no....she doesn't like bahrain.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Can't find work. No one here over summer and ramadan just around the corner. She was offered a really good job in dubai after i'd already signed for my transfer so had to pass on it. They said if she ever came back.....

.....so she asked and they've said yes subject to an HR interview so if she gets that then i'll be under the pressure to go back if I can transfer back. If I can't - It's off to the UK.

no....she doesn't like bahrain.
what a shame, I was dead jealous of your new gaff and the lake etc! thought you had made the right decision moving to Bahrain. I gave up work when I had little miss and I don't miss it at all
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

what a shame, I was dead jealous of your new gaff and the lake etc! thought you had made the right decision moving to Bahrain. I gave up work when I had little miss and I don't miss it at all
Yeah the villa is great. I will miss it. The thought of holing up in the middle of a construction site somewhere is making me ill.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the villa is great. I will miss it. The thought of holing up in the middle of a construction site somewhere is making me ill.
And that's just the thought, imagine actually living it then I think you won't find this a problem if you choose to live in the more established areas though - Jumeira for example.

Dubai at the moment is hot, dusty, expensive and crowded!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:54 pm
Concierge

well unless you can afford about 180 a year you are going to end up where I am in TECOM land, which is a nightmare with construction. It is handy location and when the area is finished it will be fantastic, I just can't be bothered to wait 4 years!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

well unless you can afford about 180 a year you are going to end up where I am in TECOM land, which is a nightmare with construction. It is handy location and when the area is finished it will be fantastic, I just can't be bothered to wait 4 years!!!!
Where's that?
How much is a 1bdrm in greens these days?
Will prob end up in barsha or the god forsaken marina if i'm absolutely desperate.
I hear it's cheap in International City - why's that?Just jokes.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Where's that?
How much is a 1bdrm in greens these days?
Will prob end up in barsha or the god forsaken marina if i'm absolutely desperate.
I hear it's cheap in International City - why's that?Just jokes.
cos of the sewage plant smell!! A two bed in my building which is opposite the greens is 115k, there is a notice up for one in the foyer now, they are a good size though.

I got know idea how much a 1 bed in the greens is, Border Reiver will know if she is around.

The Marina is pricey as well
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:05 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

cos of the sewage plant smell!! A two bed in my building which is opposite the greens is 115k, there is a notice up for one in the foyer now, they are a good size though.

I got know idea how much a 1 bed in the greens is, Border Reiver will know if she is around.

The Marina is pricey as well
Greens about 100k
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:10 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly, a friend will shortly be moving into a massive 4-bed apartment in the Marina.

The interesting part is the price... just 200k per year shared between four people.

Surely massive Marina apartments were renting for much more than 200k per year not so long ago?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Interestingly, a friend will shortly be moving into a massive 4-bed apartment in the Marina.

The interesting part is the price... just 200k per year shared between four people.

Surely massive Marina apartments were renting for much more than 200k per year not so long ago?
I does look like prices around they might actually be falling! One of the w#nkers i worked with in my old company rented out a 2BR apartment in JBR a couple of months ago for 150K and they dont seem to be getting that much now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.