Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's a British??

What's a British??

Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:52 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by Face81
yes, hmmmm.... but at least they wont live there and there will still be a lot less junkies. ah well may have to move on if it gets to bad.
Have to agree with u m8.........I have sed it b4 and i will say it again.......this place is like a giant resort or a mall............Developing a bit of a playboy image.....u know the kind......a playground for the rich and famous.........bit silly really. I am not buying their projection of this emirate at all.

The worlds largest this and the worlds tallest that can never diminish the fact that 80% of the population are foreigners, who can NEVER become legal citizens......and of that 80%, 75% are labourers who are under paid and mis treated. I am not trying to bad mouth the place, this is home to me, but I think they need to rethink their marketing strategy and stop trying to make Dubai something its not.

Sun, sand and no direct taxes are gr8, but Dubai has a LONG, LONG way to go b4 it can really be a truly world class city. Malls and Night Clubs cannot make up for the LACK of decency, literacy and civic sense.

Dubai is gr8 for a short time, but for someone who has been here forever, I need a taste of the real world b4 I finally decide whether I want call Dubai my 'real' home.

As for junkies.......they are not in the thousands, but they are around. Chavs arent here just yet, but they are starting to get a whiff of the "cheap" desert life. So get here ASAP and make the most of it.

Didnt intend to put u off as I know how much u r looking forward to returning to sands of Arabia, but I just wanted u 2 know that Dubai has another side aswell, beneath all the glitz and glamour. its just like any other big city.....its part of the whole package.

Look at me....living here for 22 1/2 yrs and do I ever complain? After wot u sed bout the UK and how u r fedup, Dubai is just the place for u! So hurry up and get down here! [/QUOTE]

im coming just as fast as i can, did a junkie count in town this moring.... stopped counting at 30 of the feckers!!!!!. watched the cops arrest two for beating up a woman on the main street wtf. worst thing is because they are "'poor "addicts they wont get jail theyll get help awwww isnt that nice ################ .
its a load of tosh and i've had enough, 4 yrs for touching drugs in uae sounds good to me. didnt use to be an anti but the last two yrs ive had 2 cars stolen, one vandalised and my house broken into and most of our wedding gifts nicked bar stewards....
my city has gone to the dogs and the rabble now rule arghhhh.
ahhh venting done, breath in, breath out, ahhhh
calm again lol
what makes it so bad is i live in a realy nice part of town, that used to be safe and secure, now its like the thieves freebie shopping area?!?
chris
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:46 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

hmmm one of the many reasons a few people have moved out of london as well...

anyway. let's see how much fun and work and play we can have in Dubai before it goes the way of all cities.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:55 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiva
im coming just as fast as i can, did a junkie count in town this moring.... stopped counting at 30 of the feckers!!!!!. watched the cops arrest two for beating up a woman on the main street wtf. worst thing is because they are "'poor "addicts they wont get jail theyll get help awwww isnt that nice ################ .
its a load of tosh and i've had enough, 4 yrs for touching drugs in uae sounds good to me. didnt use to be an anti but the last two yrs ive had 2 cars stolen, one vandalised and my house broken into and most of our wedding gifts nicked bar stewards....
my city has gone to the dogs and the rabble now rule arghhhh.
ahhh venting done, breath in, breath out, ahhhh
calm again lol
what makes it so bad is i live in a realy nice part of town, that used to be safe and secure, now its like the thieves freebie shopping area?!?
chris
Woah m8! take a chill pill and keep taking those deep breaths...........and I thought I had issues with Dubai.........well ur town/city wins hands down if thats bad..........just to try and compare to the horrifying image u have conjured up in my mind......we have a serial tyre slasher on the loose......some freak is hitting different neighbourhoods around Dubai (Safa, Jumeirah 1 and Abu Hail) every fortnight and is slashing all tyres on upto 200 cars at a time. U already know about our russian mafia (which I am often accused of being a part of....) and the tarts are another feature of this desert paradise, but it isnt anywhere as dangerous as wot u have sed ur place is like!

Hurry up and get down here.........we will protect u.........u may need some group therapy to control that venting!lol

Chill out dude.........u will b out of there b4 u know it. goodbye chavs!
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:11 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

okay.. do not wanna worry you but you have not gone to Eltham and Catford yet.

One of our mates has a rotweiller for protection in her kitchen and another one loose in the house at ALL times.

rememebr.. no rolex and no flash cell phone.....
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:56 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

One of our mates has a rotweiller for protection in her kitchen and another one loose in the house at ALL times.

thats the thing m8 its not that bad here compared to a lot of other places. and even five yrs ago it was a quiet peaceful place with almost no crime, its nuts. not that much random violence or destruction except when the junkies are involved, theres a small town near me where its now 20-30% of young people are junkies WTF. And were talking small rural scottish postcard town.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:16 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps I might invest in the feline version of a rotweiller! it cant be that bad............... i never got a chance to show u the areas of DXB that are scary...... need to show u those so u can make a comparison. Wotever the case, I will b on skool grounds and shudnt have too much of a problem.

My mob isnt flash, is it? And I was thinking of taking it with me so as not to lose my tel directory. I wud be lost without it. And u had to pick on my watch, didnt u? I have worn that for about 8 yrs now.......taken it all over the World aswell.........and most recently wore it at 2 am while taking a walk in downtown Vancouver. Oh and I just realised that i wud b wearing a jacket 99% of the time, so no one wud know about it except for me and u! and i am not going to be going around saying, "Look at my flash mob and watch!". I am discrete about these things. Hate showing off about stuff like that. U know me better than that.

Still, if u feel that strongly, I will go out and buy myself another cheaper watch.......though i wudnt be happy to part with my Dads Rolex.
Phone must stay though......can invest in a less flashy cover if it'll make u feel better.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:19 pm
The Oracle

thats the thing m8 its not that bad here compared to a lot of other places. and even five yrs ago it was a quiet peaceful place with almost no crime, its nuts. not that much random violence or destruction except when the junkies are involved, theres a small town near me where its now 20-30% of young people are junkies WTF. And were talking small rural scottish postcard town.
And wot r the concerned authorities doing about that?

Bloody junkies seem to be taking over the scottish highlands......somebody do something!!!!!:scared:
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:04 am
Beduoin_Boy

we would but all the studio and distribution cash is in hollywood.
and calm down it wasnt a blanket attack on the us of a.

my worry is how many kids now accept film history as real history which is why i mentioned u 571, a completely british operation which a growing no. of kids will now believe was an american operation. imagine we rewrote the story of the war of independance u wouldnt be happy with that would you?
as i say my point is just a point of concern, theres nothing wrong with entertainment but when it crosses certain boundarys and diminishes and even removes the role of war heros hollywood needs slapped.

Believe it or not! I would have never known in this lifetime that U-571 was a British operation If it wasn;t of the Expat forum! - You see, How importnat is it to mix with cultures!

Even if we see the world war movies and other patriotic American movies they only praise themselves... They always use the term "We won the world wars" "We saved the world" Don't know if "We" means Americans or Allies.

Also when we see the movie "The Patriot" ! what image does it projects?

I think Its British to blame as you are not concentrating on Media and Media is a very powerfull platform.

Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:30 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
Believe it or not! I would have never known in this lifetime that U-571 was a British operation If it wasn;t of the Expat forum! - You see, How importnat is it to mix with cultures!

Even if we see the world war movies and other patriotic American movies they only praise themselves... They always use the term "We won the world wars" "We saved the world" Don't know if "We" means Americans or Allies.

Also when we see the movie "The Patriot" ! what image does it projects?

I think Its British to blame as you are not concentrating on Media and Media is a very powerfull platform.
Mel Gibson apparently doesn't believe in history. He likes to write his own. Don't get me started on Braveheart. Elements of truth (i.e. I'm sure the English soldiers were bastards and William Wallace was a hero etc) but some serious liberties taken.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:31 am
The 5th Amendment

Perhaps I might invest in the feline version of a rotweiller! it cant be that bad............... i never got a chance to show u the areas of DXB that are scary...... need to show u those so u can make a comparison. Wotever the case, I will b on skool grounds and shudnt have too much of a problem.

My mob isnt flash, is it? And I was thinking of taking it with me so as not to lose my tel directory. I wud be lost without it. And u had to pick on my watch, didnt u? I have worn that for about 8 yrs now.......taken it all over the World aswell.........and most recently wore it at 2 am while taking a walk in downtown Vancouver. Oh and I just realised that i wud b wearing a jacket 99% of the time, so no one wud know about it except for me and u! and i am not going to be going around saying, "Look at my flash mob and watch!". I am discrete about these things. Hate showing off about stuff like that. U know me better than that.

Still, if u feel that strongly, I will go out and buy myself another cheaper watch.......though i wudnt be happy to part with my Dads Rolex.
Phone must stay though......can invest in a less flashy cover if it'll make u feel better.
ok.. take me site seeing to the more interesting dubai... be interesting.

oh the reason I mmoved out of North Lond was when the drive by shootings started. I forgot to mention that.. Yardies ae such nice Jamacian gentleman,

if u have that phone in catford, they will either think ur a rich kid or a drub dealer... so it is always a 50 / 50..

and if you do wear that Rolex in Catford / Eltham then you will part with it. And then also probably geta free ride in an ambulance also as part of the deal.

Not trying to worry but can anyone else chip in here!?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:41 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

oh the reason I mmoved out of North Lond was when the drive by shootings started. I forgot to mention that.. Yardies ae such nice Jamacian gentleman,

if u have that phone in catford, they will either think ur a rich kid or a drub dealer... so it is always a 50 / 50..

and if you do wear that Rolex in Catford / Eltham then you will part with it. And then also probably geta free ride in an ambulance also as part of the deal.

I think I've led a very sheltered life out in the sticks so I can't comment.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:59 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by kristy
however I can take you to St. Pauls in Bristol instead of Clifton and we can hang out inthe Yardie drug cafes if you want.....
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:29 am
The Oracle

:scared:..................drive by shootings???????? sounds like chicago in 1930!!!ok u have my attention now.................Rolex stays on my bed side table.......I'll use it as a time piece instead!I may super glue it to the table top aswell.

Being seen as a drug dealer is fine.....might earn me a bit of respect.....Ok I shudnt joke about these things............wot if I got a hands free cable and never took it out in public?wud that b ok?and I dont mean that I will get one of those blue tooth headsets! Just the ordinary hands free with the 2 ear pieces.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:07 am
The 5th Amendment

:scared:..................drive by shootings???????? sounds like chicago in 1930!!!ok u have my attention now.................Rolex stays on my bed side table.......I'll use it as a time piece instead!I may super glue it to the table top aswell.

Being seen as a drug dealer is fine.....might earn me a bit of respect.....Ok I shudnt joke about these things............wot if I got a hands free cable and never took it out in public?wud that b ok?and I dont mean that I will get one of those blue tooth headsets! Just the ordinary hands free with the 2 ear pieces.
yeh homey.... get the cable.. then a gold tooth... and u will fit in well...

we will talk proper when back.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:14 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by kristy
No no it's fine. Maybe one day I'll take you to my lovely peaceful home village and town.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.