Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's Bahrain Like?

What's Bahrain Like?

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:14 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Bahrain Like?

Originally Posted by W10
Isn't that a good thing??
Nope - the ruling family have been trying to introduce more democracy, and looks like some of the population have taken full advantage.

Although we loved our time there, was a little relieved to get away - I got caught up in a demonstration outside the courts in the diplomatic area and it wasn't a nice experience.

Saying that, friends still there say it's calmed down. A lot of what goes on is not publicised, I expect they clamped down.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

betty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nicebetty loo is just really nice
Default Re: What's Bahrain Like?

Originally Posted by MJC
Anyone lived/worked there?

Manama in particular.
hello i lived in bahrain for five years
the life can be sheltered if you ar a woman until i found the Dilmun club and the ruby club
the food and the people and staff are great the shopping is ok you can get most things
you can get most things for your home in alot of the local type shops.
i have found some lovely resturants in the hotels
but you can look at the local papers or a local magazine that can help you.
The compounds are some great places to leave in you can bound with th other people but it has tobe the right place .
As you my gather i enjoyed my time there but like all place it all depends on what you want i lived sarup the beach road near st chrisophers infant school
good luck
i hope it has help