Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What were your Favourite Sweets......

What were your Favourite Sweets......

Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:47 am
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Default Re: What were your Favourite Sweets......

Originally Posted by Jellybean
:scared: very scary Same taste in that too LOL.
Very scary indeed :scared: :scared:

Have you been reading the Daily Mirror all morning??? That's something we don't have in common - much prefer the Daily Mail. Can't manage without it. I buy it everyday even though the news is 24 hours old.

Love to get back from school. Have breakfast in peace and sit with my cup of tea and read the paper.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:51 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenb2
Very scary indeed :scared: :scared:

Have you been reading the Daily Mirror all morning??? That's something we don't have in common - much prefer the Daily Mail. Can't manage without it. I buy it everyday even though the news is 24 hours old.

Love to get back from school. Have breakfast in peace and sit with my cup of tea and read the paper.

Yeah though I read em all but not the hard copies LOL I have them all on favourites and was just working my way through, I have to cut and past FT bits for hubby and catch up on the gossip in the Mirror, work my way up to the mail which is a bit to intellectual for me that early in the morning LOL.

I stopped though cos JD was getting bored
Old Feb 1st 2005, 11:59 am
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Yeah though I read em all but not the hard copies LOL I have them all on favourites and was just working my way through, I have to cut and past FT bits for hubby and catch up on the gossip in the Mirror, work my way up to the mail which is a bit to intellectual for me that early in the morning LOL.

I stopped though cos JD was getting bored
The only newspaper I read online is the Gulf Daily News from Bahrain. I so miss that newspaper. It was the size of the 7Days one that we have here but was a great read. Lots of local information in it. If I didn't read it everyday I would get withdrawal symptoms. When hubby goes to Bahrain on business trips he buys the newspaper each day and brings them back for me to read.

Sad person aren't I??
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:00 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Uncle B
Ur all 4getn Lions wine gums just cant get enough.And if any1 knows where
in dubai i can lay my hands on some,id be more than grateful.
try The Sweet Factory........... located at most major shopping malls....... those places r like sweet heaven........ u cud spend the whole day tasting all the different sweets. mmmmmmmmm
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:01 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

The only newspaper I read online is the Gulf Daily News from Bahrain. I so miss that newspaper. It was the size of the 7Days one that we have here but was a great read. Lots of local information in it. If I didn't read it everyday I would get withdrawal symptoms. When hubby goes to Bahrain on business trips he buys the newspaper each day and brings them back for me to read.

Sad person aren't I??
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... LOL.......... we do have good english papers in Dubai aswell u know? heh heh
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:30 pm
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by Face81
try The Sweet Factory........... located at most major shopping malls....... those places r like sweet heaven........ u cud spend the whole day tasting all the different sweets. mmmmmmmmm
Sweet factory not the same as the good old fashioned sweets Face.

Anyway, have you been past and seen all the local kids sticking their grubby hands into the sweets?? I refuse to allow my kids to buy from those places because they must be full of germs and bugs..... yuk. I have even seen kids putting them in their mouths and then spitting it out and putting it back with the others..... yuk. No thank you.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:32 pm
Just Incredible

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... LOL.......... we do have good english papers in Dubai aswell u know? heh heh
Like what Face???? The Gulf news and Khaleej times are too big to handle comfortably and full of boring crap. Not a nice read with a cup of tea in the mornings.

I hate them and now refuse to buy a local paper.

(we do have another thread just about newspapers so going a bit off the subject of sweets here, sorry)
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:17 pm
The Oracle

Anyway, have you been past and seen all the local kids sticking their grubby hands into the sweets?? I refuse to allow my kids to buy from those places because they must be full of germs and bugs..... yuk. I have even seen kids putting them in their mouths and then spitting it out and putting it back with the others..... yuk. No thank you.

eugh! Thats terrible! U need to get down to the proper Sweet Factory shops........ think there is one @ Bur Juman......... its a proper large shop....... not a cart in the middle of nowhere for grubby kids
LOLOLOL

Have now become addicted to sweets myself........ smarties cup cakes and M&M brownies on a regular basis. mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:24 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

eugh! Thats terrible! U need to get down to the proper Sweet Factory shops........ think there is one @ Bur Juman......... its a proper large shop....... not a cart in the middle of nowhere for grubby kids
LOLOLOL

Have now become addicted to sweets myself........ smarties cup cakes and M&M brownies on a regular basis. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Face I think you are a man in a little boys body LOL :scared:

Who remebers The Milkybar kid???
Attached Images  
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 6:34 am
Just Incredible

Face I think you are a man in a little boys body LOL :scared:

Who remebers The Milkybar kid???

The milky bar kid is strong and tough
Only the best is good enough
The creamiest milk, the whitest bar,
Nestles Milky bar

How about that JB??
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:15 am
Banned

The milky bar kid is strong and tough
Only the best is good enough
The creamiest milk, the whitest bar,
Nestles Milky bar

How about that JB??

Egggcellent karen dare I say it except I think you will find it went something like:

The Milky Bar kid is strong and tough,
and only the best is good enough,
the creamiest milk, the whitest bar,
the goodness that's in Milky Bar.

I think.....must have been an ad-oholic
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Hmmmh, good source of gaining some immunity for germs and bugs. I was told by my doctor in the UK to stop sterilizing bottles when my daughter was 2 months old, as she firmly believed in exposing kids to as many germs as possible. I remember eating snow when I was little, which even then wasn't polution free.

Oh well, I am sure my kids won't care that someone else had a taster of their sweety already, as long as I don't tell them but mind you, could save me some money and tantrums in future. Then again, the only fussy one is my son, who doesn't seem to like sweets anyway and my daughter loves them so much, she will probably not care as long as she can get her hands on them.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Hmmmh, good source of gaining some immunity for germs and bugs. I was told by my doctor in the UK to stop sterilizing bottles when my daughter was 2 months old, as she firmly believed in exposing kids to as many germs as possible. I remember eating snow when I was little, which even then wasn't polution free.

Oh well, I am sure my kids won't care that someone else had a taster of their sweety already, as long as I don't tell them but mind you, could save me some money and tantrums in future. Then again, the only fussy one is my son, who doesn't seem to like sweets anyway and my daughter loves them so much, she will probably not care as long as she can get her hands on them.
Hope you got yourself another doctor PT!

Know what you mean though. There is strong evidence showing that the huge increase in childhood asthma is down to people's homes being far too sterile these days.

Must dash - off to collect child no.1.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:36 pm
Just Incredible

Egggcellent karen dare I say it except I think you will find it went something like:

The Milky Bar kid is strong and tough,
and only the best is good enough,
the creamiest milk, the whitest bar,
the goodness that's in Milky Bar.

I think.....must have been an ad-oholic

Thanks JB,

I was almost right!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 2:51 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
What were your fav sweets when you were little.

I used to love the Rice paper flying saucers, BlackJacks & Fruit Salads

Does any1 remeber Banjo's or Beano's (not the comic) they were like smarties but tasted different!
Smarties, rollo, malteasers, curly wurlies and twix of course...nothing beats a 10p mixture though....proberbly costs £5 now though thanks to inflation.