Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What were your Favourite Sweets......

What were your Favourite Sweets......

Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:22 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What were your Favourite Sweets......

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
What were your fav sweets when you were little.
anything that has sugar in it!!!!!! lol

And who says I dont love sweets now....... have a bag of Haribo Super Kids Jelly Bean mix sat here on my desk!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:28 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

OMG I am getting sooo many memories from all those sweeties ure mentioning......

Treats (they dont do them anymore)
fruit pastilles JohnB mention but the red ones hehe
the pink round bubble gum
fruit gums
ginger lollipops
ginger dippers....................
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Bazooka Joes, Gobstoppers, Aniseed Balls, Refreshers,

Lucky Bags,

My Auntie used to work at Jacob's in Liverpool and she used to bring home Rejects, No not Everton!! Jacobs biscuits and my Fav was the Mint biscuit but got no biccy in it, just Strong Mint chocolate how i never had zits as a kid is beyond me.

Last edited by johnbuoy; Jan 31st 2005 at 9:47 am.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:46 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Bazooka Joes, Gobstoppers, Aniseed Balls, Refreshers,

Lucky Bags,
gobstoppers............... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NERDZ and mentos aswell
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Texan...."A mans gotta chew what a mans gotta chew"

Chocolate covered chewy caramel type of stuff in the middle. Hard and very chewy.
That was for Toffo not Texan

I loved the white chocolate mice. And Caramac. Absolutely HATED Parma Violets - who thought of sweets tasting of perfume ffs?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:51 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Lemon & rainbow kalie (dunno how you spell it) just a bag of flavoured sugar that stained your fingers so your mom thought you'd smoked 100 fags.

Pineapple / cola cubes
BIG pear drops
cherry lips

yummmmm

Sel x
Old Jan 31st 2005, 10:59 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
OMG I am getting sooo many memories from all those sweeties ure mentioning......

Treats (they dont do them anymore)
fruit pastilles JohnB mention but the red ones hehe
the pink round bubble gum
fruit gums
ginger lollipops
ginger dippers....................

The pink round bubble gum do you mean Hubba Bubba?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:17 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LakesLassie]That was for Toffo not Texan

:scared: don't tell JD
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:29 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Talking Re: What were your Favourite Sweets......

Hey,

My favourite has got to be that coconut sweet tobacco, famously known as spanish gold.

May I tempt you with:

Anglo Bubbly
Bazooka joe
Pear drops
Bulls eyes
Rhubarb & Custard
Licquorice torpedos
Mighty Imps
Dip dabs
Drumstick lollies
Traffic light lollies - yes you can still buy them
Penny chews
Mojos
Cherry lips
Edible rice paper
Gobstoppers
Flying saucers
Gourmet jellybeans,, yes they do exist!!

shall I go on......

OK then, stop talking about your favourite sweets and take a trip down memory lane.......

Check out the website; www.aquarterof.co.uk

It was started by two guys who happen to be chatting one night in a local pub about the sweets they had as children and how the kids of today missed that sort of thing. It started as simple as that and they decided to see if the sweets were still around and guess what......

They found the old suppliers and have formed a business selling all the old fashioned sweets that we all had as a child. They even sell them over the internet. I know because I have bought some when I was in the UK. They used to only deliver to UK but I think now they deliver worldwide.

As you can imagine the business venture is booming and they are inundated with orders and have recently expanded their operations. What an idea. Wish I could have thought of it.... and be rich like they are now.

So, let's put a smile on everyone's face and go shopping on this website.

Think I should get lots of karma for this........... please.......
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:40 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

I remember buying a quart on the way to school of rhubard and custard cubes and peanut crunchy ( Shaped like peanuts with that slight salt taste )
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Noughart, Pink and White, Used to wrestle with it to break off to shove it in my gob
Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:51 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

Anyone checked out the website yet????

Just been on it and more sweets than I remembered.

Oh such bliss................
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:18 am
Just Incredible

Originally Posted by karenb2
Anyone checked out the website yet????

Just been on it and more sweets than I remembered.

Oh such bliss................
Come on guys. Take just a little peek and let me know what you think.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:54 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Had a peek .... A long peek actually... I remember those sherbet fountains, use to bite the end of and suck the sherbet throu ~ Oh yummy!!!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:04 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Just karma-ed you for it, taking another look.....pressed enter button so no sig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.