Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What the HELL is going on????

What the HELL is going on????

Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:06 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation What the HELL is going on????

OK, now this is really starting to freak me out....

Someone please remind me again, which hemisphere is Dubai in???? How can we possibly be experiencing summer temps in the middle of Feb???

Its ridiculous. We hit 95F today (35C), which is just shy of our all time record of 96F (36C)!!! This is insane!

Just look at our climate stats for Feb, so far this year and compare them to Feb of last year......

Winter, where have you gone? :scared:
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:09 pm
W10

Default Re: What the HELL is going on????

I went to London and it was 22C, I came back and it was in the 30s.

I'll take the blame.

Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:10 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
OK, now this is really starting to freak me out....

Someone please remind me again, which hemisphere is Dubai in???? How can we possibly be experiencing summer temps in the middle of Feb???

Its ridiculous. We hit 95F today (35C), which is just shy of our all time record of 96F (36C)!!! This is insane!

Just look at our climate stats for Feb, so far this year and compare them to Feb of last year......

Winter, where have you gone? (
face ... last year around this month our heater was out ... and we cuddling out with our jumper on.

now it bloody hot ... i am sweating in the car and put aircon on
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:11 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10
I went to London and it was 22C, I came back and it was in the 30s.

I'll take the blame.
This is crazy mate, seriously!

How can the weather outside be like summer when it was winter till last week and it was actually cold???!!! :scared:

Its like something out of The Day After Tomorrow.

Are there no theories floating about?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:14 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
face ... last year around this month our heater was out ... and we cuddling out with our jumper on.

exactly Nov, I hear ya..... using the car air con in Feb is just unheard of, infact its absurd. I used it today too, when I went out today, I had to dress up like it was summer again, but its winter.

Someone has been messing with God's Weather System again. G.W, I blame u for worsening effects of global warming!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:18 pm
W10

Global warming is good - by the time the temp averages 60C over here in summer - it'll be warm enough to live in NYC or London all year round

Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:21 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Global warming is good - by the time the temp averages 60C over here in summer - it'll be warm enough to live in NYC or London all year round
hmmmm....... interesting point, mate, I think! LOL

At this rate, we will see that 60C, summer average achieved within our lifetimes! :scared: Mind you though, summers in NYC are HOT as well, so 60C here could mean a 45C summer in NYC.

I am surprised that the media hasnt run a story on the winter heat-wave that the gulf is currently experiencing.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:21 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77

So no more cuddling now
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10
Im moving to Antarctica....I hear the rents have become very reasonable there....
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:27 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Tis def out of the norm tho. I love it........esp everytime I talk to my Mum and shes saying it was 2 degrees back home yesterday in the daytime :scared:

I must have took all the heat with when I moved out here
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:29 pm
W10

[desperate attempt at flirting]

Well you are the hottest thing in the Middle East

[/desperate attempt at flirting]

Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:30 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Malteser
Tis def out of the norm tho. I love it......
No!

I miss our Winter. I love it when its Winter in Dubai. I hope it returns before its too late....

Winter, please come back! We miss you!!!

Last edited by Face81; Feb 9th 2006 at 6:34 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Face81
No!

I miss our Winter. I love it when its Winter in Dubai. I hope it returns before its too late....

Winter, please come back! We miss you!!!

You sound nostalgic,mate....
How are ya???
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:46 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by shoushou
You sound nostalgic,mate....
How are ya???
I am fine, thanks.

Guess I Am feeling a little nostalgic as well... the heat (and I cant believe I am using that word in Feb!!!) today, made me think of the past winters in Dubai and it also made me miss the cooler weather in London that I was enjoying uptil December of last year.

I hope it gets back to normal soon. It will be depressing if summer sets in this early in the year. :scared:
Old Feb 9th 2006, 6:57 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
and i would be cooked in Doha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.