Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What happened overnight?

What happened overnight?

Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:52 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What happened overnight?

i'd like to point out that i'm not dead, but have left this place as well, pretty disfunctional if you ask me, and not really worth my time (nor jd's or jc's)

From lurking for the past few weeks and not posting, what i would say to most of you is

1) Take your computer
2) Put it in your car
3) Drive to Garhoud bridge
4) Throw your computer off the bridge
5) Now go out, meet people the normal way, stop putting your lives on the internet, and enjoy something 'outside', for instance, watching the sunset from Wollengong (kite) beach, with the burj al arab to the left, no noise, and small waves crashing in front of you, puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day and night
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:56 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
i'd like to point out that i'm not dead, but have left this place as well, pretty disfunctional if you ask me, and not really worth my time (nor jd's or jc's)

From lurking for the past few weeks and not posting, what i would say to most of you is

1) Take your computer
2) Put it in your car
5) Now go out, meet people the normal way, stop putting your lives on the internet, and enjoy something 'outside', for instance, watching the sunset from Wollengong (kite) beach, with the burj al arab to the left, no noise, and small waves crashing in front of you, puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day and night
Hi TA5 go to that beach quite reg never seen you there, wrong time of day i guess!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:14 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5

1) Take your computer
2) Put it in your car
Sorry I didn't notice you gone TA5
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:28 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

RumbleTumble,

Do you Kite?

I usually am not there, but have been taking a seminar for the last three days that got out at 3:30 and have been going down there afterwards to kite (well, not enough wind, so i've been messing around on the skimboard i just got)

But now that the sun is setting later and later i can't wait to be able to shoot down there after work to watch the sun set, really quite beautiful and something i think alot of people don't realize after being caught up in all the 'dubai' hubbub is that there is alot of really nice things that have been here always, and as long as these idiots keep building view killers (palm / world) won't even be here forever
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:43 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
RumbleTumble,

Do you Kite?

I usually am not there, but have been taking a seminar for the last three days that got out at 3:30 and have been going down there afterwards to kite (well, not enough wind, so i've been messing around on the skimboard i just got)

But now that the sun is setting later and later i can't wait to be able to shoot down there after work to watch the sun set, really quite beautiful and something i think alot of people don't realize after being caught up in all the 'dubai' hubbub is that there is alot of really nice things that have been here always, and as long as these idiots keep building view killers (palm / world) won't even be here forever
Hi TA5

No sadly i don't, wouldn't be strong enough, u'd have to put weights on my feet. It looks like you need a lot of upper body strength or is a lot of it technique.

No i just generally love to watch, plus get the thrill of seeing the odd bared butt . It is one of my fav places to go if i am wound up, upset or just need time out. I love the sea, would love to have a villa right out on the beach, so could hear the waves while falling to sleep.......Bliss!

I know what you mean tho about the hubub and people needing a vent, it seems very popular and a great way to blow off some steam and relax, u know i can always tell what time of the day it is on a Friday as there are usuall no kites til after 11.00 (all hung over i think) and all gone early on a Thurs (off out on the tiles) LOL. I live fairly close so i can see the kites over the roof tops in the distance from the family room upstairs.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 2:51 pm
Sat on the fence ......

ooooooh i have finally hit 300 threads drinks are on me , bacardi diet coke for darlings
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:43 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
ooooooh i have finally hit 300 threads drinks are on me , bacardi diet coke for darlings

You shouldn't be seeing to many kites on a friday, seeing that municipality banned kiting at wolly on fridays a few months ago (too many people + kiters is just asking for trouble)

'odd bared butt'

i haven't seen any at wolly, but haven't been there in a while, are we talking thongage here?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by TA5

1) Take your computer
2) Put it in your car

Good advice but I hope not many people will follow it. I for once am housebound most of the time due to health problems and this site offers me a bit of an insight into the crazy world out there, which I cannot be part of as I would like and can't even scramble the energy to write. So, please people, keep me posted and entertained!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Good advice but I hope not many people will follow it. I for once am housebound most of the time due to health problems and this site offers me a bit of an insight into the crazy world out there, which I cannot be part of as I would like and can't even scramble the energy to write. So, please people, keep me posted and entertained!
Sorry to hear of your problems ....A small piece of advice ..when you feel better ..don't go boating under the Garhoud bridge..wherever that is...
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Sorry to hear of your problems ....A small piece of advice ..when you feel better ..don't go boating under the Garhoud bridge..wherever that is...
hehe...sounds like good advice

PT: hope you feel better soon, and hang out in the lounge as well
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:58 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by TA5
You shouldn't be seeing to many kites on a friday, seeing that municipality banned kiting at wolly on fridays a few months ago (too many people + kiters is just asking for trouble)

'odd bared butt'

i haven't seen any at wolly, but haven't been there in a while, are we talking thongage here?
Thongage hehehe... no guy's changing outa there kit or rather into their kit!!

Friday's i have def seen the odd one or two but can't recollect if that is recent or not, i will take note this wk?

Why did they ban it on Friday's ?

Last edited by Rumble Tumble; Jan 31st 2005 at 5:06 pm. Reason: can't spell
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:08 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Thongage hehehe... no guy's changing outa there kit or rather into their kit!!

Friday's i have def seen the odd one or two but can't recollect if that is recent or not, i will take note this wk?

Why did they ban it on Friday's ?
ahhh, yes then you've probably seen bernd, he's famous for that

alot of us leave work early on real good wind days and shoot right there, then we have to change at the beach to not waste time stopping somwhere

In terms of the ban, power kites are dangerous, actually, very dangerous. Normally somebody dies on average once or twice per month when they lose control of their kite and either don't know how to pull their releases or can't access them. Basically, imagine being dragged up the beach at 60 km/h and slamming into that little concrete wall, you see my point. Hasn't happened yet in dubai to my knowledge, but the wind here isn't too strong and not too gusty and/or rapidly changing, which is when people get stuck out in growing winds on huge kites and accidents happen.

Anyways the reason for the ban was more to protect teh non-kiters. Even the best kiteboarders make mistakes, and the prospect of a kiter getting dragged through a crowd of people or running over a kid in the water or slamming the kite down on somebody (LEI kites have crushed people before) just wasn't something that the municipality wanted to deal with.

Not a big deal, is actually kind of fun as everybody heads out to the Jebel Ali palm on fridays so we don't even really have to know where to go to see all of our friends.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 5:47 am
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by TA5
ahhh, yes then you've probably seen bernd, he's famous for that

alot of us leave work early on real good wind days and shoot right there, then we have to change at the beach to not waste time stopping somwhere

In terms of the ban, power kites are dangerous, actually, very dangerous. Normally somebody dies on average once or twice per month when they lose control of their kite and either don't know how to pull their releases or can't access them. Basically, imagine being dragged up the beach at 60 km/h and slamming into that little concrete wall, you see my point. Hasn't happened yet in dubai to my knowledge, but the wind here isn't too strong and not too gusty and/or rapidly changing, which is when people get stuck out in growing winds on huge kites and accidents happen.

Anyways the reason for the ban was more to protect teh non-kiters. Even the best kiteboarders make mistakes, and the prospect of a kiter getting dragged through a crowd of people or running over a kid in the water or slamming the kite down on somebody (LEI kites have crushed people before) just wasn't something that the municipality wanted to deal with.

Not a big deal, is actually kind of fun as everybody heads out to the Jebel Ali palm on fridays so we don't even really have to know where to go to see all of our friends.
Well there you go, i def would need weights on my feet!! I have seen a couple of guys almost flying along the beach when they've tripped or just didn't dig those heels in enough. I agree with you, people ON the beach as spectators it would be very dangerous

I dont know who it was but cute butt tho...tell your mates not to bashful LMAO.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:27 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5

1) Take your computer
2) Put it in your car
I do go out meet normal ppl ...
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Thanks for your wishes, they have worked wonders but not sure what you mean about Garhoud bridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.