Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

were you a new romantic??

were you a new romantic??

Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: were you a new romantic??

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
add to that list:

Love and Money
the river detectives
the blue nile
Kevin McDermott Orchestra (still the dogs bollox)
Big Country (RIP Stuart)
The Big Dish- Creeping up on Jesus--a must have album

Scottish music was great in those pre-oasis days

infact i have the Big DIsh swimmer on my CD player in the motor now

Prospect Street, what a song

And one of the greats, for me anyway, is Deacon Blue, not everyones cup of tea but Dignity will always be a song that takes me back.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
And one of the greats, for me anyway, is Deacon Blue, not everyones cup of tea but Dignity will always be a song that takes me back.
I had that playing at my wedding reception,

about 30 kilted up jocks belting it out, a truly emotional song for me everyone i know from school know all the words.

and also, labour of love by Hue and Cry
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it took a while for them to come up - Deacon Blue - amazing, they might be coming out here again
Old Apr 14th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it took a while for them to come up - Deacon Blue - amazing, they might be coming out here again
i remem ber when they played caird hall in Dundee in 88 i think. Was still at school. I went 2 nights on the trot. Absolutely majic.

Those were the days. Raintown and angelou are my favs
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Saw Deacon Blue in Bahrain at the Dilmun Club two years ago.........awesome. Still got shivers when they sang Dignity. Just as good as they were back then.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

I had that playing at my wedding reception,

about 30 kilted up jocks belting it out, a truly emotional song for me everyone i know from school know all the words.

and also, labour of love by Hue and Cry
Hue and Cry, saw them a few times.....Great live.

Ricky Ross is a master though.... I play Deacon Blue a lot. I was quite sad the other day when I went to the London office and the young interim had never heard of them or never heard of Dignity. It was a sad moment realising it was a time lost. It was playing on the radio and I suddenly felt 15 again and it was good. If I could just go back to those days of long summers for a week I would be happy....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

i remem ber when they played caird hall in Dundee in 88 i think. Was still at school. I went 2 nights on the trot. Absolutely majic.

Those were the days. Raintown and angelou are my favs
Fergus sings the blues will always do it for me but Raintown is up there....

Shame about the drummer dying of cancer. Graeme wasn't it?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fergus sings the blues will always do it for me but Raintown is up there....

Shame about the drummer dying of cancer. Graeme wasn't it?
na the drummer was dougie vipond of sportscene fame. The lead guitarist Graeme Kelling died if i remember correctly.

Ricky Ross Lead
Lorraine Macintosh Vocals
Ewan Vernel on Base
Dougie Vipond on Drums
James Prine on Keyboards
Graeme kelling (guitar) RIP

http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/001047.html
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hue and Cry, saw them a few times.....Great live.

Ricky Ross is a master though.... I play Deacon Blue a lot. I was quite sad the other day when I went to the London office and the young interim had never heard of them or never heard of Dignity. It was a sad moment realising it was a time lost. It was playing on the radio and I suddenly felt 15 again and it was good. If I could just go back to those days of long summers for a week I would be happy....
I am 33 and Dignity is an absolute anthem of my teenage years. Listen, really listen to the lyrics, they are absolutely brilliant.

I have had the fortune meeting Ricky Ross throu a friend of his who was my Geography teacher at School.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:17 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Heaven 17...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am 33 and Dignity is an absolute anthem of my teenage years. Listen, really listen to the lyrics, they are absolutely brilliant.

I have had the fortune meeting Ricky Ross throu a friend of his who was my Geography teacher at School.
I am 33 also and its also my absolute anthem of my teenage years too. That is why I posted it.... it always takes me back and with the most amazing memories. I know the lyrics inside out.....

Yes, I knew it was Graeme that sadly died, had just forgotten what he played. I remember when it happened and I was in Miami for 3 months we were then en route to New Zealand to live. I had never felt so homesick for Scotland in my life! I played DB over and over for ages. In some weird way DB were such a huge part of my growing up years that Graeme dying was quite a big thing.

I met Ricky once he was with Lorriane in a previous job. I played with their daughter. She was so sweet, lucky girl to have such talented folks. He is one mighty fine Dundonian!
Have been listening to his Pale Rider album..... some of his finest works actually and the last two tracks are about Graeme Kelling. They are quite moving.

If you have not already bought the album.... go get....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Heaven 17...
ahhh yes, Temptation...another classic, as well as Come Live with me.

MM, xx
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:33 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ahhh yes, Temptation...another classic.

MM, xx
hello doll...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
hello doll...
hey doll, how's you?

MM, xx
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:37 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hey doll, how's you?

MM, xx
just found out the kids don't go back to school tomorrow...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.