Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Weekend Trip to Bahrain

Weekend Trip to Bahrain

Old Feb 11th 2020, 6:30 am
Just Joined

mattson_SA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weekend Trip to Bahrain

Wondering if anyone planning a trip to Bahrain this weekend, travelling out on Thursday and returning on Saturday evening ?
I do not own a car, so considering different options like train to Dammam and then car hire or to share with someone already making this trip.
I can pay for the ride and can also help with driving. Anyone ?
Old Feb 11th 2020, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend Trip to Bahrain

There is a good bus service from Dammam and Khobar to Bahrain.

http://www.bus-planet.com/bus/bus-as...TCO/index.html

Last edited by scot47; Feb 11th 2020 at 8:18 am.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 2:53 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattson_SA
Wondering if anyone planning a trip to Bahrain this weekend, travelling out on Thursday and returning on Saturday evening ?
I do not own a car, so considering different options like train to Dammam and then car hire or to share with someone already making this trip.
I can pay for the ride and can also help with driving. Anyone ?
Why don't you just fly? probably around a 1000SAR return. Quicker, more convenient, and not that much more expensive when you add it all up. A lot of hotels in Juffair will do free airport pickups. You can select that option on booking.com. Bear in mind that you're talking about hitting the causeway at the worst possible times. It could take 2-3 hours if you get unlucky. And it's valentines day weekend so it will probably be heaving.
Old Feb 11th 2020, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Valentines used to be a time when the staff of The Commission for The Suppression of Vice wree particularly active in KSA They have probably gone soft. Reports indicate to me that they no longer arrest people on 25 December for dressing up as Santa.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

If you do get the train don't rent a car take a taxi to the border and another one at the other side.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is a weekend trip to Bahrain worth it ? I went a few times but I lived in Dhahran - just a short taxi ride away On my last gig in KSA I had colleagues who would spend ever possible minute there including 2 who had properties in Manama. They worked in Saudi to fund a neo-colonial lifestyle in Bahrain ! Folly !

Last edited by scot47; Feb 13th 2020 at 7:57 am.