Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visitor visa from Dubai to UK

Visitor visa from Dubai to UK

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mariaslk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor visa from Dubai to UK

My friend's partner lives in Dubai and may come to the UK on a visitor visa. If they decide to marry during his visit to the UK is this possible or must they have already applied for the marriage visa before his UK visit?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor visa from Dubai to UK

Originally Posted by Mariaslk
My friend's partner lives in Dubai and may come to the UK on a visitor visa. If they decide to marry during his visit to the UK is this possible or must they have already applied for the marriage visa before his UK visit?
What are the nationalities of your friends?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

My friend in the|UK is UK Citizen and partner is Iranian but lives in Dubai.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:42 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

No idea...when you say your friend's partner lives in dubai do you mean they are a UAE national or simply a resident from another country?

I am sure the British embassy in the UAE could answer your question far better than anyone in these forums

N.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
No idea...when you say your friend's partner lives in dubai do you mean they are a UAE national or simply a resident from another country?

I am sure the British embassy in the UAE could answer your question far better than anyone in these forums

N.
Yes - ask the embassy is your safest bet. Do you need the address?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Yes - ask the embassy is your safest bet. Do you need the address?
The Abu Dhabi embassy compund isnt handling visas anymore. The new office is on Zayed 1st Street opp UNB.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:47 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

Yourd 'friend' faces a delay on getting permanent residence unless they do what is expected of them - which is to apply for setlement outside of the UK - possibly even in Iran.

They will have the right to permanent residence but there will have to be proof of means and the Iranian - if he goes to UK will have to give local references - which are checked. Local in the UK that is.

The system is not helpful where a UK comes to Britain to get a spousal right to stay because simply they don't trust the situation. A condition - not unassailable is that they have to prove they are no burden on the state and that usually means having a job.

For the passport - which may be what this is all about you have to be in the UK 3 years to the day after the permanent residence is granted. Which can take a long time.

I know of a couple of cases where the people went to the embassy in advance and it went much smoother than a couple of others I know who just came. One of whom was deported - just because they did not believe what was going on.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:51 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

My friend in the|UK is UK Citizen and partner is Iranian but lives in Dubai.
To be very honest this will not look good at face value and I re-iterate my suggestion that both go to the Brit Embassy. The system does work.

If the Iranian goes to UK it will be with a letter of invitation and proof of menas. If the Iranian is male and under 35 and with no job in Dubai then they stand a good chance of not providing evidence of return and so may not get the visa - expensive and may have consequences.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dago
To be very honest this will not look good at face value and I re-iterate my suggestion that both go to the Brit Embassy. The system does work.

If the Iranian goes to UK it will be with a letter of invitation and proof of menas. If the Iranian is male and under 35 and with no job in Dubai then they stand a good chance of not providing evidence of return and so may not get the visa - expensive and may have consequences.
Wow - they sure don't make it easy...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Wow - they sure don't make it easy...
Its not easy now to renew yr passport. They ask far more questions than they used to. Parents passport numbers, date and place of issue, parents date and place of marriage?

All gone F mad
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your help. I've created an account for my friend now so she can log on herself and find out more info in needed. Brilliant info. Thanks.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Its not easy now to renew yr passport. They ask far more questions than they used to. Parents passport numbers, date and place of issue, parents date and place of marriage?

All gone F mad
When I renewed my passport a month back I just filled in the basics (although questions where there re parents, but I left it blank) and gave my old one in, they never said anything and I got my new one within 10 days, has it changed again ???
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
When I renewed my passport a month back I just filled in the basics (although questions where there re parents, but I left it blank) and gave my old one in, they never said anything and I got my new one within 10 days, has it changed again ???
Not sure? I got this form on Tues last week.

Ridiculous to renew yr passport to ask when your parents were married. Just a nonsense.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
Not sure? I got this form on Tues last week.

Ridiculous to renew yr passport to ask when your parents were married. Just a nonsense.
Try just filling in the basics take it in, ask them to check it , don't forget to get it counter signed (I did) as see what they say.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Try just filling in the basics take it in, ask them to check it , don't forget to get it counter signed (I did) as see what they say.
yeah thats what i will have to do, lol if they refuse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.