Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visit Visa Overstay

Visit Visa Overstay

Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Visit Visa Overstay

Can anyone enlighten me on the rules for EU Passport visit visa....Do you still get 10 days grace after the 30 days, or is it 100 dhs a day from the 31st day??
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

London Lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visit Visa Overstay

Not sure about the fines and penalties for over staying but there are 'some' people I have heard about that do regular visa runs to Oman to get another 30-days stamped when they enter the country.

The fines cost could quickly mount up and it may be cheaper and legal to do the run.

Look smart, nice car and you wont get hassled' is what they say.

Hope this is useful.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Can anyone enlighten me on the rules for EU Passport visit visa....Do you still get 10 days grace after the 30 days, or is it 100 dhs a day from the 31st day??
If you have an EU passport you get 60 days vist visa
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
If you have an EU passport you get 60 days vist visa
They changed that over a year ago, 30 days now.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

London Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

You used to get 60 days, I came into DXB on 24th July09 and they only gave me 30-days.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
They changed that over a year ago, 30 days now.
for the 33 countries that don't need a visa althought they stamp it 30 days you still get 60 days. This is according to my friend's husband who works at immigration at the airport....but I do realise that things change depending who you talk to :-)
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

nope not 60 days its now 30 days.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:30 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

My kids (all at UK Uni's so no residdence anymore) regularly do the Oman shuffle when they are here for 3 months in the summer. As another poster stated, so long as you look respectable you wont have too much trouble. Be careful on the number of days as it seems to be completely arbitrary depending upon the officer who processes you. My son was 14 days over and not charged, another friend was 10 days over and got hit for AED1,000.

My advice - go today or tomorrow. Follow signs to Hatta, then follow signs to Oman - dead simple.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 7:31 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

My kids (all at UK Uni's so no residdence anymore) regularly do the Oman shuffle when they are here for 3 months in the summer. As another poster stated, so long as you look respectable you wont have too much trouble. Be careful on the number of days as it seems to be completely arbitrary depending upon the officer who processes you. My son was 14 days over and not charged, another friend was 10 days over and got hit for AED1,000.

My advice - go today or tomorrow. Follow signs to Hatta, then follow signs to Oman - dead simple.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
for the 33 countries that don't need a visa althought they stamp it 30 days you still get 60 days. This is according to my friend's husband who works at immigration at the airport....but I do realise that things change depending who you talk to :-)
Well.. got stamped for 30 days this morning, and nothing personal but I aint taking your friend's husband's word for it
Old Aug 6th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

You only ever got stamped for 30 days even in the good old days. It used to be 60 days from entry but I heard a rumour that it was now 30. Why doesn't someone ask as they are getting stamped?

Mike
Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yep in ad they never had a 60 day stamp it always said 30 but it actually meant 60 but now the rules changed at the beg of the year, its 30 days and 100 fine per day over.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by busybee2
yep in ad they never had a 60 day stamp it always said 30 but it actually meant 60 but now the rules changed at the beg of the year, its 30 days and 100 fine per day over.
Yep all true it changed earlier in the year, i was 4 days over on my visit visa when i got my residency, but got away with it, presumably because i am lovely.............or they just didn't notice.....
Old Aug 6th 2009, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
Yep all true it changed earlier in the year, i was 4 days over on my visit visa when i got my residency, but got away with it, presumably because i am lovely.............or they just didn't notice.....
there sometimes is a grace period so 30 days and grace period of 10 days so 40 in total, but depending on the moon, whether he has had a cig, etc etc etc
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok.... to clarify, and this is from 1 of the bosses in Immigration at terminal 3.

you have a 30 days visit visa, at the end of the 30 days you have 10 days to extend the visa, you can pay 500dhs to extend it for another 30 days* but if you don't extend within those 10 days then you will have to exit and re enter

* if you don't want to pay 500dhs then you can leave and re enter after the 30 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.