Visa for Saudi

Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

may11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for Saudi

help - my husband is in Riyadh and is trying to get me and my daughter out there, one of his college said the embassy normally ask for wage slips for three months of working in Saudi - he has only been with the company 2 weeks. does anyone know the requirements, or is it better to get a residenital visa thanks
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:38 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa for Saudi

Originally Posted by may11 View Post
help - my husband is in Riyadh and is trying to get me and my daughter out there, one of his college said the embassy normally ask for wage slips for three months of working in Saudi - he has only been with the company 2 weeks. does anyone know the requirements, or is it better to get a residenital visa thanks
best guidance is with the PRO at the company. i haven't heard of the 3x months stuff, usually after the iqama it only takes a couple of weeks. it's probably fair to say that cater for a timeline of 3x months before you can get your feet sandy.

nottingham bantams can better answer this question, i think, he'll be around after the weekend.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by may11 View Post
Hi and welcome.
When you say your husband is trying to get you and your daughter out there, is that just for a visit or on a permanent basis?

Usually how it works is that your husband will have his Iqama issued ( his Residency Permit ) after around three weeks. In his first few days, he will probably have been for a medical. I did a medical in UK before I got there, and then did another one the second day I got there!

Once this comes back clean he will have his residency status. I presume this is what he is after, and he is not just out there on a business visa?

Anyway, once the iqama is through and he has an iqama, he can then apply to bring out you guys, either on a visit visa, or can apply for your residency in your own right.

THis is usually done through his employers and they can sort all of that out, doesn't need pay slips etc etc, but might still take a few weeks for teh visa to be sorted.

Hope that answers the question, if you need any further info, I'm sure we can try to help as best we can. Cheers.
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:09 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
Hi and welcome.
When you say your husband is trying to get you and your daughter out there, is that just for a visit or on a permanent basis?

Usually how it works is that your husband will have his Iqama issued ( his Residency Permit ) after around three weeks. In his first few days, he will probably have been for a medical. I did a medical in UK before I got there, and then did another one the second day I got there!

Once this comes back clean he will have his residency status. I presume this is what he is after, and he is not just out there on a business visa?

Anyway, once the iqama is through and he has an iqama, he can then apply to bring out you guys, either on a visit visa, or can apply for your residency in your own right.

THis is usually done through his employers and they can sort all of that out, doesn't need pay slips etc etc, but might still take a few weeks for teh visa to be sorted.

Hope that answers the question, if you need any further info, I'm sure we can try to help as best we can. Cheers.
(see? told you he would know this stuff!)

isn't there something related to the job position on the iqama and how fast/slow/possible it is to get family out here? for instance, "software engineer" makes it easier than "computer programmer" or something like that...