Visa for Saudi

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for Saudi

I have spoken to someone in Saudi regarding a job but was told by the recruiter I need to get a VISA first and without that I cannot get any job in the Saudi Kingdom.

The visa is apparently called the "Azad Visa" and costs 14,000 Saudi riyal apparently.

Does anyone have information on this ?

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for Saudi

You will only get a visa if you have a sponsor, this also applies for visitor visas.

I have a 6 month multi entry visit visa which I think cost my employer SAR500, but like I said you will not get a visa without a recognised in country sponsor.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks.
That's what I was thinking. so the recruiter didnt really know what he was talking about as he told me to get a visa before I apply or jobs. Bit of a chicken or egg scenario.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
thanks.
That's what I was thinking. so the recruiter didnt really know what he was talking about as he told me to get a visa before I apply or jobs. Bit of a chicken or egg scenario.
It's garbage - and if I were you I'd keep THAT particular recruiter at a very safe distance.....

English Grammar Test:

Including and rearranging all of these words, form a well-known phrase or saying:

BARGEPOLE TOUCH DISINFECTED WOULDN'T WITH
(You have ten seconds to complete the task)

If he suddenly 'offers' to obtain the visa for you, hang on to your wallet....
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for the heads up. He says he came to Saudi from pakistan through this method and says its the best thing to do.

I will keep well away even though the position is exactly what I need. Oh well ...
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
thanks for the heads up. He says he came to Saudi from pakistan through this method and says its the best thing to do.
says it all really.....
he is prob there illegaly
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add my experience, I'm still here in the UK, but am due in KSA early next month.

My employer currently has my passport as they are applying for the visa, not me, they are the ones sponsoring my work visa. Once it is done, I am expecting my passport back.

Once I get there, I need to apply for a work permit and ( I think ) this also doubles up as your ID card, known as the 'Iqama'. I need to have this in place in order to sponsor my wife to come over to KSA later in the year.

I think the caution the others are advising makes perfect sense considering my own experience.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks a lot.