Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa run to Doha, is there a cost other than flights?

Visa run to Doha, is there a cost other than flights?

Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:49 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa run to Doha, is there a cost other than flights?

One of my flatmates is waiting on his employer to start his visa process, and his current tourist visa runs out on Wednesday.

He's thinking of flying to Doha tonight, and coming back straight away for a return fare of £92.

Does anybody know if he will need to pay for a visa stamp at Doha if he's getting straight back on the same plane?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa run to Doha, is there a cost other than flights?

from memory there is no other charge but things change all the time here, last time I did it years ago I literally landed got the stamp when to departures and came back here
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe too late, but there is a charge for entering Qatar, I can't remember the amount, I'll find out tomorrow though as I'm off there.

I would imagine that you won't be allowed to stay on the plane for the return, you might be considered a security risk, they'll need to clean the plane etc. This means that you'd have to 'enter' Qatar so you can check in for the return flight.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

They charge you for entering Qatar- have you been to Qatar?- I can understand people would pay to leave but to enter
Old Feb 21st 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
They charge you for entering Qatar- have you been to Qatar?- I can understand people would pay to leave but to enter
LAst time I was there, it was 100QR entry visa - credit cards only.

Qatar compared to Saudi was a breath of fresh air...
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
LAst time I was there, it was 100QR entry visa - credit cards only.

Qatar compared to Saudi was a breath of fresh air...
you aren't entering, you are a transit passenger so no charge I think x
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Qatar's a piece of piss.....try Yemen or Port Moresby then have a whinge..
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

I'll take your Yemen and up you a Djibouti. That is a shithole on steroids
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
I'll take your Yemen and up you a Djibouti. That is a shithole on steroids
I'll trade in the Port Moresby if you fancy , it makes the Jedi Bar in Star Wars look like Monte Carlo...!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Take your Port Moresby and up you a Pickwick Club in Khartoum, thats the dogs swingers