Reload this Page >

Visa question - UAE and China

Visa question - UAE and China

Old May 1st 2013, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

xoxo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa question - UAE and China

Hi All,

Just had a quick question re my UAE visa and was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm currently on a UAE residence visa and have been for the past few years I've been working in Dubai. My company now wants to send me on secondment to China for 5 months and they will issue me with a Chinese work permit and residence permit for that period of time. I will be seconded to a Chinese affiliate of my UAE employing entity.

HR are telling me this is fine but I'm wondering if this may cause issues with UAE immigration / labour office. This doesn't seem right to me - my UAE residence visa is presumably given to me on the basis that I'm going to be continually working in Dubai. Working in an overseas office may conflict with that?

If it makes any difference, I'm getting two documents in China: a work permit and a residence permit. These permits allow me to become a resident for a period and give me a Chinese bank account into which an additional allowance will be paid to me. (I need to have a medical to get this Chinese work permit.)

(It wouldn't be the first time that HR in this company has got something totally wrong and I think I'm the first person to be seconded for an extended period to an overseas office out of this entity.)

Any comments greatly appreciated!
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question - UAE and China

I fairly sure that if you are out of the country (UAE) for longer than 6 months, then you have a problem, what that problem is I don't know, probably a cancellation of your UAE visa. So, if you're only out for 5 months hopefully you'll be fine, get your HR dept to confirm this.

I'm also guessing that there must be some info on a web site somewhere, even on this board. I would check, but I'm in a meeting, so really should type too much.
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa question - UAE and China

Here you go:

http://www.dubai.ae/en/Lists/HowToGu...orm.aspx?ID=44

"Procedure:
1. Ensure that you take your spouse/child over 15 for a health check-up and obtain a Medical Certificate.
2. Go to any authorized typing office & get application form typed and pay the fees.
3. Go to GDRFA and submit application form, along with supporting documents to receive the residence visa stamp on your family member's passport.

Please Note: For your family member's residence visa to remain valid, he/she must not be out of the UAE for more than 6 months. In case a Muslim expatriate has married more than one wife, he can only obtain one residency visa.
For more information, visit GDRFA or call their friendly Amer Toll free service on 800-5111"

Naturally, do your own digging around for your own peace of mind.