Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa Question = Possible Travel?

Visa Question = Possible Travel?

Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:47 am
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough
Default Visa Question = Possible Travel?

Hi all,

I need to travel during my visa being processed, i have two passports so theoretically this should be possible.

Does anyone know if it is actually allowed? Or had any experience of doing so?

Thanks for your help.

T
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Question = Possible Travel?

Originally Posted by twisty100
Hi all,

I need to travel during my visa being processed, i have two passports so theoretically this should be possible.

Thanks for your help.

T
why do you have two passports?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:17 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why do you have two passports?
Because i need to travel frequently and therefore need to leave my passport in emabssies while i travel on the other one.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Because i need to travel frequently and therefore need to leave my passport in emabssies while i travel on the other one.
two passports for the same country? thought that was illegal. Can't see a problem in that case then.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

T
Maybe a trip to the airport and ask immigration. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by admon
Maybe a trip to the airport and ask immigration. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
Thanks, i am waiting for their reply. Thought i would ask here see if anyone has done it prior.

Also, its not illegal to have two passports, three is illegal.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:06 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

T
I do this all the time, just make sure that the passport in the embassy is NOT the one with your UAE residence visa or at least your last entry stamp...

And, BC, its not illegal...

You just get strange looks when you are trying to pass thru immigration and suddenly realise that the passport you used to check in with is NOT the one you have just handed to the immigration guy. You should see the looks on their face when you pull one outta his hand and hand him another one...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:11 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
two passports for the same country? thought that was illegal. Can't see a problem in that case then.
ive had 2 passports for about 8 years...never been illegal, you need special dispensation though, i,e you cant just pop into the embassy and ask for another one
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I do this all the time, just make sure that the passport in the embassy is NOT the one with your UAE residence visa or at least your last entry stamp...

And, BC, its not illegal...

You just get strange looks when you are trying to pass thru immigration and suddenly realise that the passport you used to check in with is NOT the one you have just handed to the immigration guy. You should see the looks on their face when you pull one outta his hand and hand him another one...
Think this will be the problem. As his residence visa is under process, the passport he will want to travel in will not be the one he entered the UAE with - hence the dilemma.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:17 am
Banned

Think this will be the problem. As his residence visa is under process, the passport he will want to travel in will not be the one he entered the UAE with - hence the dilemma.
The thing is i havent handed either in yet, so i still have both in hand. I want to make sure that once i submit either passport i will be able to travel freely whilst the other one is having the visa put in it.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The thing is i havent handed either in yet, so i still have both in hand. I want to make sure that once i submit either passport i will be able to travel freely whilst the other one is having the visa put in it.
I may be wrong, but I think the passport that you have to submit is the one that has the UAE entry stamp on - the current one that you entered the country on.

Therein is the problem, as the other passport will show no trace of you entering the country, so no current visa for visit to the UAE.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:51 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I may be wrong, but I think the passport that you have to submit is the one that has the UAE entry stamp on - the current one that you entered the country on.

Therein is the problem, as the other passport will show no trace of you entering the country, so no current visa for visit to the UAE.
Agree with admon on this...
Passport for UAE residency visa application will need to have entry stamp, passport for exiting UAE will need to have entry stamp...

Catch 22....
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get your residence stamp you can apply for your e-card then there is no need to show a passport when leaving or entering the UAE.
The passport you submit to the overseas consulates for a visa stamping will need to have your residence stamp in as many consulates do not issue visas to people simply visiting the UAE for the purpose of obtaining a visa, some want copies of bank statements etc.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Agree with admon on this...
Passport for UAE residency visa application will need to have entry stamp, passport for exiting UAE will need to have entry stamp...

Catch 22....
Yes, you are correct, thanks for the help... Looks like im buggered.