British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Visa problem? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/visa-problem-809377/)

Mrs Bukit Sep 16th 2013 9:09 am

Visa problem?

Hi all,
Daughter just moved to Bahrain, auntie wants to visit from UK but has Israeli stamp in passport from holiday trip. Getting mixed advise about gaining entry in Bahrain, some say no prob, some say get online visa and should be no prob, some say don't go because they were refused entry. Official line from embassy is of course 'no problem' but we all know how it probably depends on what sort of day the immigration officer at the other end is having.
Anyone with experience with this issue?

scot47 Sep 16th 2013 12:05 pm

Re: Visa problem?

Get a duplicate passport. Advioce to others - EITHER do not visit "The Zionist Entrty" or ensure that you get no stamps from that institution in your passport if you intend to visit an Arab or Islamic country.

Meow Sep 16th 2013 12:16 pm

I don't know about Bahrain but as far as the UAE is concerned it is not a problem if someone coming on holiday has an Israeli stamp in their passport. It's an urban myth that it's a problem here and I doubt that it's a problem elsewhere either.

busybee2 Sep 16th 2013 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10902982)
I don't know about Bahrain but as far as the UAE is concerned it is not a problem if someone coming on holiday has an Israeli stamp in their passport. It's an urban myth that it's a problem here and I doubt that it's a problem elsewhere either.

i didnt think they like them in their passports which is why they cut out all the labels from that said country in marks and sparks here etc.

soukie Sep 16th 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 10903029)
i didnt think they like them in their passports which is why they cut out all the labels from that said country in marks and sparks here etc.

Ha ha - I remember cutting the labels out when we first ventured to the ME in the early 90's - now the M&S in the Gulf Countries has much better stuff than my local M&S. Personally I would get a new passport rather than risk trying to enter with an Israeli stamp - the problem here is that this type of thing may be a problem on the day and then again it may not - you never know from one day to the next.

busybee2 Sep 16th 2013 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 10903498)
Ha ha - I remember cutting the labels out when we first ventured to the ME in the early 90's - now the M&S in the Gulf Countries has much better stuff than my local M&S. Personally I would get a new passport rather than risk trying to enter with an Israeli stamp - the problem here is that this type of thing may be a problem on the day and then again it may not - you never know from one day to the next.

also there was a big hoohaa about the 'said' country being on a map..... quite a few years ago now tho.

OleJanx Sep 16th 2013 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 10903507)
also there was a big hoohaa about the 'said' country being on a map..... quite a few years ago now tho.

'Said' country never appeared on a map in the GCC states. 'Said' country was either Magic Markered out, or, if printed locally refered to Palestine.

busybee2 Sep 16th 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 10903533)
'Said' country never appeared on a map in the GCC states. 'Said' country was either Magic Markered out, or, if printed locally refered to Palestine.

yeh it was never there, until one day on a map which i cant remember for the life of me where it was suddenly appeared..... not for long of course.

OleJanx Sep 16th 2013 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 10903565)
yeh it was never there, until one day on a map which i cant remember for the life of me where it was suddenly appeared..... not for long of course.

No doubt someone got a severe bollocking for that slip up....

busybee2 Sep 17th 2013 4:20 am

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 10903637)
No doubt someone got a severe bollocking for that slip up....

yeh but a long time ago..... in the days when they would marker pen in a longer skirt for Princess Di!

OriginalSunshine Sep 17th 2013 1:47 pm

Israel is mentioned in Oman. You just aren't allowed to enter if you have a stamp from the country in your passport.