Visa for partner?

Old Oct 10th 2007, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Tarkers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for partner?

Hi All,

First off, congrats on a great forum.
I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while now whilst waiting for the right job role to come up, now it has, contracts are signed and I'll be starting Nov 11th - cant wait to get there!

My question relates to my girlfriend who will be joining me early in the new year. My company are sorting out a residency visa for me (amongst other things) so by the time my G/F gets here, I will be a resident and have a villa sorted.

She'll hopefully () want to get a job, does she also need a residents visa or can she work on a 60day visit visa, leave, return to Dubai and carry on working?

Can she do this indefinately or are there limits on the number of times you can leave and come back per year?

Alternatively, as a resident, can I become her sponsor and get her a resident visa that way?

Are there any other ways for her to get residency (she has not got a degree) or what would prevent her from getting one?

Apologies for all the questions on my first post, but with the laws around co-habiting etc, these sorts of questions are not covered on the "official visa FAQ sites".

TIA,

Tarkers

Ps I worked in Dubai before around 10 years ago, the tallest building was the Dubai WTC and was just about to be toppped by the Hard Rock....! When I was over there for my interview 4 weeks ago it seems things have changed somewhat...! Can't wait to find out what else is new, though it seems a really comfy car is in order - you seem to spend a lot of time in them in jams !!!
T
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for partner?

Originally Posted by Tarkers
Hi All,

I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while now whilst waiting for the right job role to come up, now it has, contracts are signed and I'll be starting Nov 11th - cant wait to get there!

My question relates to my girlfriend who will be joining me early in the new year. My company are sorting out a residency visa for me (amongst other things) so by the time my G/F gets here, I will be a resident and have a villa sorted.

She'll hopefully () want to get a job, does she also need a residents visa or can she work on a 60day visit visa, leave, return to Dubai and carry on working?

Can she do this indefinately or are there limits on the number of times you can leave and come back per year?

Alternatively, as a resident, can I become her sponsor and get her a resident visa that way?

Are there any other ways for her to get residency (she has not got a degree) or what would prevent her from getting one?

Apologies for all the questions on my first post, but with the laws around co-habiting etc, these sorts of questions are not covered on the "official visa FAQ sites".

TIA,

Tarkers

Ps I worked in Dubai before around 10 years ago, the tallest building was the Dubai WTC and was just about to be toppped by the Hard Rock....! When I was over there for my interview 4 weeks ago it seems things have changed somewhat...! Can't wait to find out what else is new, though it seems a really comfy car is in order - you seem to spend a lot of time in them in jams !!!
T
Congrats on the new job, Tarker. I'm otterly delighted for you.....

Your g/f cannot work on a residency visa. She will need to get a job. See the other threads re issues with co-habiting/renting when you're not married. Also have a look at the Wiki's for other info.

Any info that you can't easily find just ask and someone will help.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

TIA,

Tarkers

T
she can work on a visit visa but not legally. she would just need to drive up to Oman or fly to Doha or Bahrain to get new visit visa.
If she has experience in her job and that experience is desirable she may find a local company willing to sponsor her.

You cannot sponsor her as you are not married.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

T
My current understanding is that you can have 3 visit visas in a row - i.e. just nipping to Oman and coming back - each one is 60 days but can be extended to 90 for certain fee. After these 3 you have to leave the country for at least a month. This could be a load of rubbish as I can't remember where I heard it!

Correct me if I'm wrong as I need the correct info too for when come out with my partner in Jan.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
My current understanding is that you can have 3 visit visas in a row - i.e. just nipping to Oman and coming back - each one is 60 days but can be extended to 90 for certain fee. After these 3 you have to leave the country for at least a month. This could be a load of rubbish as I can't remember where I heard it!

Correct me if I'm wrong as I need the correct info too for when come out with my partner in Jan.
Unless the rules have changed recently, there is no limit on the number of 60 day hops to Oman.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

My uuderstanding is that this rule does not apply To Europeans, Americans, Australians, Best to check with Labour office
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annacarna
My uuderstanding is that this rule does not apply To Europeans, Americans, Australians, Best to check with Labour office
bonus
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bonus
Not for the g/f, bet she'd like a 1 month jolly every 6 months...
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
This rules applies to everybody on a visitors visa
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
This rules applies to everybody on a visitors visa
boo

ok now I'm confused, best check with the labour office like anna said.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Not for the g/f, bet she'd like a 1 month jolly every 6 months...
yeah, except we'll be renting our house out so she'll have to stay at her parent's or my parent's!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

bonus
The rules change so often here, so best to check nearer the time or when you are here.

I am sure she will find a job to secure her residency

Dont worry
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

boo

ok now I'm confused, best check with the labour office like anna said.
it just means you get a 1 month enjoy Dubai pass every 6 months!
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Tarkers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for the responses, like you say I'll check once I get my feet on the ground over there, but we think its a max 3x60 day visas, then she has to be away for a month before starting the cycle again? Alternatively get a job where the company provide the resident visa? Do all companies do this?
She's currently a beauty salon manager (plently of those over there!) with over ten years salon management experience and has had her own salon/company in the past too.

Was going to ask about accom, but I've read all the posts here about Wind Tower Hamlets (love that it did feel pretty enclosed when having my accommodation tour) so know to give them a miss - and I think the whole "where to live thread" has been done to death! I'm in a serviced apartment for the first two months of being over there, so no need to worry too much, however, does anyone know the specific date when the rental rules are changing in January - don't know much more about it except what I've read to date on this forum, so ignore me if I've got the wrong end of the stick.
If there is a change in Jan, is this going to affect the rentals up or down - hopefully the latter?

One final thing, is it right that singles are unable to rent villas only apartments? Surely If I rent the place on my own, then the rental docs will be in my name only, so who's to know if my sister comes to stay for a while?

Tarkers
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
it just means you get a 1 month enjoy Dubai pass every 6 months!
I've had that pass for the last month and look where that has got me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.