British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Visa for Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/visa-dubai-492708/)

used_car_salesman Nov 8th 2007 11:54 pm

Visa for Dubai

An Armenian friend can get an on the spot vuisa in Dubai like Brits can and wants to go home for a while. She intends to enter Dubai and go to Armenia from Sharjah. Reverse on the way back.

Any idea if this will cause a passport stamp issue?

Ta

Norm_uk Nov 11th 2007 7:39 am

Re: Visa for Dubai

Originally Posted by used_car_salesman (Post 5531240)
An Armenian friend can get an on the spot vuisa in Dubai like Brits can and wants to go home for a while. She intends to enter Dubai and go to Armenia from Sharjah. Reverse on the way back.

Ta

No Idea...I wasn't aware Amenians could get a visa upon landing. Usually where you enter and exit the country from is not a problem though.

Inselaffen Nov 11th 2007 7:50 am

Originally Posted by used_car_salesman (Post 5531240)

Ta

Armenia is not on the list of countries that can get a visit Visa at the airport.
It may be that she is getting a transit visa through her airline.

In any case the visa's are valid for the UAE not the specific emirate so it doesnt matter which airport she exits or enters.

Confucius Nov 11th 2007 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 5540043)
No Idea...I wasn't aware Amenians could get a visa upon landing. Usually where you enter and exit the country from is not a problem though.

True...Russia,CIS and ex-USSR countries don't have that priviledge...

used_car_salesman Nov 11th 2007 4:13 pm

This is interesting. She says she can get a visa on arrival (like I do - as a Brit) because she has the designation of manager in her pp. I presume that she has entered DXB before but my opinion is that Sharjah is connected to the immigration system so she can arrive in DXB and depart in Sharjah. More cogently have any of you done this?

and thanks

Inselaffen Nov 11th 2007 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by used_car_salesman (Post 5541245)
This is interesting. She says she can get a visa on arrival (like I do - as a Brit) because she has the designation of manager in her pp. I presume that she has entered DXB before but my opinion is that Sharjah is connected to the immigration system so she can arrive in DXB and depart in Sharjah. More cogently have any of you done this?

and thanks

When I first arrived on a visit visa I came in through Dubai, then went out on a business trip through Sharjah and came back in again through Sharjah on a work visa. So should be no problem!

I don't believe that she can come in by getting a visa at the airport though!

used_car_salesman Nov 12th 2007 9:25 am

Ins,

Thankyou - my recommendation is that you never become a politician. You give a straight answer to a straight question!

...heartbroken??

Thanks

A

Inselaffen Nov 12th 2007 10:30 am

Originally Posted by used_car_salesman (Post 5544234)
Ins,

Thankyou - my recommendation is that you never become a politician. You give a straight answer to a straight question!

...heartbroken??

Thanks

A

thats what having a politics degree does to you :)