Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Visa and certiicates attested

Visa and certiicates attested

Old Jan 11th 2011, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Daisy92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa and certiicates attested

I know this has been covered on here (a lot) but I am after a step by step guide to sponsoring a wife and baby. My DH company will sort it but will charge so I'm trying to way up the costs and see if it's easy enough to do ourselves.

There was a really good thread where someone had provided a step by step guide to getting certificates attested here in Dubai (where to go and who to see etc) but I can't seem to find it in the search. I need to get my daughters birth certificate attested, can I do that in Dubai?? I'm sure I read something about going to the British Embassy then going to the courts in Al Barsha.

There was also a step by step guide to sponsoring the wife and costs but I can't seem to find that either. Are threads deleted after a period of time??

Can anyone help me out here... time is ticking on and we really don't fancy a trip to Oman!!!

TIA
Old Jan 13th 2011, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Dubai GRO is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa and certiicates attested

Originally Posted by Daisy92
I know this has been covered on here (a lot) but I am after a step by step guide to sponsoring a wife and baby. My DH company will sort it but will charge so I'm trying to way up the costs and see if it's easy enough to do ourselves.

There was a really good thread where someone had provided a step by step guide to getting certificates attested here in Dubai (where to go and who to see etc) but I can't seem to find it in the search. I need to get my daughters birth certificate attested, can I do that in Dubai?? I'm sure I read something about going to the British Embassy then going to the courts in Al Barsha.

There was also a step by step guide to sponsoring the wife and costs but I can't seem to find that either. Are threads deleted after a period of time??

Can anyone help me out here... time is ticking on and we really don't fancy a trip to Oman!!!

TIA
Hello,
First, babies born outside UAE do not require birth certificate in order (for the father) to obtain UAE residence visas; babies residence visas are approved together with mothers’ residence visas applications.
Second: babies born in UAE require birth certificate attestation; you need to do following:
- Obtain birth registry from the private hospital where the baby was delivered
- Visit Dubai’s many birth registration offices / centers (one is just next to Dubai Hospital known as Al-Baraha hospital) to receive an official birth certificate in exchange for the (above) birth register
- You need to have A- Father’s passport copy B- mother’s passport copy C- AED 120 approx (application form needed – available at their indoor typing shops)
- After obtaining the official birth certificate, attest the same at Ministry of foreign affairs (near British consulate next to Iraqi, Jordanian and Omani consulates to be precise)
- You need A- original birth certificate B- AED 100 approx (No typing needed)
- After MOFA attestation, proceed to the British consulate to apply for a passport (or whichever country’s passport you holding)
- Once the passport is ready, approach Dubai immigration
- You need A- father’s passport copy B- mother’s passport copy C- birth certificate copy and original D- Child’s original passport E- Child’s photo F- father’s employment contract in Arabic (the one issued by ministry of labor) G- AED 400/- approx (Application form needed – forms available at their indoor typing shops)
- The baby is now a legal resident of UAE 
Third: wife’s residence visa is a much simpler procedure; all needed is wife’s passport copy + attested marriage certificate from issuing country + wife’s photo + husband’s employment contract
Above documents to be submitted at Immigration; can’t get easier than this!!

I would recommend you ask your company's PRO to do all above and pay him something, worth the money!

Cheers, Mohammed
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Daisy92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you... sounds like it might be worth paying the company to sort it out! The baby' birth certificate is a UK certificate and the company have said it needs to attested before they can process a visa. Can I do what you have suggested and by-pass sending it back to the uk?

Really appreciate your help.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Dubai GRO is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Daisy92
Thank you... sounds like it might be worth paying the company to sort it out! The baby' birth certificate is a UK certificate and the company have said it needs to attested before they can process a visa. Can I do what you have suggested and by-pass sending it back to the uk?

Really appreciate your help.
Above procedures are only for UAE birth certificates.
Not sure if UK embassy will attest the UK certificate in UAE but i'm pretty much sure they will- other consulates does it so why not UK embassy?
If the UK embassy indeed attested the certificate then just attest (additionally) at UAE's ministry of foreign affairs. you don't have to attest it at any UAE courts or even send it back to UK!!
Though i've personally applied for several children visas without attestation but nevertheless, if your company requires attestation then go for it.

All the best, Mohammed