Reload this Page >

Visa application and degree accreditation

Visa application and degree accreditation

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:08 am
Just Joined

HTale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa application and degree accreditation

Hey guys,

I received an offer pack from my prospective employers, and I'm really really confused. I've had a read through the wiki's on all the info, and I'm little apprehensive on asking them *yet*; I don't want to look incompetent to them. My question is, I'll be working in the DIFC, and there was something about a DIFC visa, and loads of other visas. I'm confused! How many visas will I be working under!? The second question is, I've yet to graduate from uni, they want me over there by August. Where does this put me in terms of degree accreditation? My graduation ceremony is in July, and the university has said "Degree certificates are sent out approximately 3 to 6 months after your award date". I'm extremely worried about the situation here, and I want total clarification from you guys first before I ask.

Thanks a lot in advance,

HTale.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application and degree accreditation

i think that you may worry, but you will need to raise this question to the company, as you will need a certificate to get attested etc.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 4:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

lots of changes going on here at the minute, I would be asking whether the position will still be available in August
Old Dec 20th 2008, 8:14 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HTale
Hey guys,

I received an offer pack from my prospective employers, and I'm really really confused. I've had a read through the wiki's on all the info, and I'm little apprehensive on asking them *yet*; I don't want to look incompetent to them. My question is, I'll be working in the DIFC, and there was something about a DIFC visa, and loads of other visas. I'm confused! How many visas will I be working under!? The second question is, I've yet to graduate from uni, they want me over there by August. Where does this put me in terms of degree accreditation? My graduation ceremony is in July, and the university has said "Degree certificates are sent out approximately 3 to 6 months after your award date". I'm extremely worried about the situation here, and I want total clarification from you guys first before I ask.

Thanks a lot in advance,

HTale.

The uni will send your grade transcript, so you can use that with an official letter from the univeristy stating you actually attended and graduated whatever course you have studied.
Just ask your uni if you can recieve such a letter explaining your situation to them.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
lots of changes going on here at the minute, I would be asking whether the position will still be available in August
Haha, it will be! There's little chance I'll get sacked, but every chance I could get moved to another office, which is just fine.

Thanks alot Tiger989 for the advice!
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, it will be! There's little chance I'll get sacked, but every chance I could get moved to another office, which is just fine.

Thanks alot Tiger989 for the advice!
well I hope it keeps fine for you
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

why do you think that you wouldnt get the sack, what is it that you do, maybe its debt collecting last in first out is happening a lot here.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by busybee2
why do you think that you wouldnt get the sack, what is it that you do, maybe its debt collecting last in first out is happening a lot here.
yes and a University Grad with no experience?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busybee2
Guys, I haven't come on here to be told what's going to happening to me. What are you, mystic megs? Dear lord, get a life and focus on your own careers. I'm not getting the sack, I have discussed the issue already, and any grads would be moved if anything. The company I'm going to work for has made gains throughout Asia and the Middle East, and not a single grad was sacked. All this information I can trust. Anyway, where do you guys work, or what do you do, in order for you to have such a confident view of my "demise"?

I would've sworn this was a support/advice/help forum for (prospective) exapts...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Guys, I haven't come on here to be told what's going to happening to me. What are you, mystic megs? Dear lord, get a life and focus on your own careers. I'm not getting the sack, I have discussed the issue already, and any grads would be moved if anything. The company I'm going to work for has made gains throughout Asia and the Middle East, and not a single grad was sacked. All this information I can trust. Anyway, where do you guys work, or what do you do, in order for you to have such a confident view of my "demise"?

I would've sworn this was a support/advice/help forum for (prospective) exapts...
I think it is only fair to point out that ALOT of people are losing their jobs here. Just a word of advice that's all.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

ahh...the innocence of youth, eh...

MM, xx
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:25 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ahh...the innocence of youth, eh...

MM, xx
yep, hundreds get paid off from DIFC but the youngster keeps his job
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

I think it is only fair to point out that ALOT of people are losing their jobs here. Just a word of advice that's all.
Look, I know that. Dubai is slowing down, there are cracks showing in the economy, and perhaps the authorities aren't revealing everything about the state of play at the moment. Oil prices are down, food prices are up, there have been redundancies in the construction and finance sector. This is a given in this current climate; nobody is immune, but some economies will survive better than others. My decision in joining the Dubai office, in an international company, with a reputable grad programme was that the Gulf region is faring a lot better than any competitive economy/economic region out there. I have had job offers at banks here, and I have considered the options.

It's not the advice that has peeved me off, it's the way you went about it.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

yep, hundreds get paid off from DIFC but the youngster keeps his job
Where do you work Blue Cat? What do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.