Villa needed

Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:49 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Villa needed

preferably cheap as chips......well less than the cost of the nasa space program would be good.

2/3 beds with garden, jumeirah, um sequim, mirdiff, garhoud etc

Ideally I'm looking for something old and wrecked that the landlord cant/has problems renting out.

why...cos it will be cheaper and i dont need it until january/feb so I/the owner has time to get it painted, fixed up etc.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:41 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Villa needed

Originally Posted by shiva
preferably cheap as chips......well less than the cost of the nasa space program would be good.

Ideally I'm looking for something old and wrecked that the landlord cant/has problems renting out.

why...cos it will be cheaper and i dont need it until january/feb so I/the owner has time to get it painted, fixed up etc.
I saw a lovely one.. Jumeirah.. there was a 4ft square hole in the kitchen roof.. was covered with a piece of paper held up with drawing pins. All the rooms were painted in dark brown and all the electric sockets had no covers.. 180k.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:44 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
I saw a lovely one.. Jumeirah.. there was a 4ft square hole in the kitchen roof.. was covered with a piece of paper held up with drawing pins. All the rooms were painted in dark brown and all the electric sockets had no covers.. 180k.
that sounds like what i'm looking for, he's having a laugh with that price though. I wonder how long its been on the market?

Do you have any details/contact info? if so pm me and i'll beat the landlord up over the price
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to beholdCrash is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beebee
Maybe that open hole was part of the "open air" design everyone likes in the Gulf!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask what has made you decide to move? Surely you're better off in the place you are now, probably paying less rent for an equiv. property in today's market?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by expat.brat
Can I ask what has made you decide to move? Surely you're better off in the place you are now, probably paying less rent for an equiv. property in today's market?
its not out of choice but because of the rent committee agreement of jan this year. I fought my landlord and won a year extra in the villa but the agrement states we have to leave by feb 2008. (didnt know at that point i could have fought for two or three extra years!)
The only good news is that the landlord argued that he wanted the house for himself and if i find out next year that he isnt living there then the rent committee have told me to go to them and they will make him pay me compensation. In a way I hope hes stupid enough to rent it out and that way i'll hopefully get a free years rent in compensation
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

its not out of choice but because of the rent committee agreement of jan this year. I fought my landlord and won a year extra in the villa but the agrement states we have to leave by feb 2008. (didnt know at that point i could have fought for two or three extra years!)
The only good news is that the landlord argued that he wanted the house for himself and if i find out next year that he isnt living there then the rent committee have told me to go to them and they will make him pay me compensation. In a way I hope hes stupid enough to rent it out and that way i'll hopefully get a free years rent in compensation
In the end we'll hear about the First Dubai Landlord Shooting his Tenant Incident...
The saga continues...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Confucius
In the end we'll hear about the First Dubai Landlord Shooting his Tenant Incident...
The saga continues...
lol hopefully not, although if he did and i lived then i'd have the villa as compensation just to piss him off
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

lol hopefully not, although if he did and i lived then i'd have the villa as compensation just to piss him off
That would be a wonderful idea...But I'll miss you if it all goes wrong...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:02 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

So if he were to rent it out do you take your case back to the rent committee to get compensation? And if so do you have to have registered a case in the first place?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 1:03 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Post Re: Villa needed

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
So if he were to rent it out do you take your case back to the rent committee to get compensation? And if so do you have to have registered a case in the first place?
yes and yes.

thats the agreement as made by the rent committe since the landlords defence for wanting me out was that he needed the villa for himself. we won got a years notice and were both told that he cant rent it out but must move in and that if he didnt i was to go back to the committe to get compensation from the landlord.

conf...lets hope it doesnt come to that as i have no desire to be the 1st tennant shot by a pissed off landlord. although if i were him i'd hate me too.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes and yes.

thats the agreement as made by the rent committe since the landlords defence for wanting me out was that he needed the villa for himself. we won got a years notice and were both told that he cant rent it out but must move in and that if he didnt i was to go back to the committe to get compensation from the landlord.

conf...lets hope it doesnt come to that as i have no desire to be the 1st tennant shot by a pissed off landlord. although if i were him i'd hate me too.
Well,of course he's pissed off...
And I'm sure everyone at the rent commitee know you and are on first-name-basis with you...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Totti will become famous soon enoughTotti will become famous soon enough

Dear All,

I have arrived with my wife in Abu Dhabi. We are looking for accommodation - villa, perhaps - and we have heard that there are a couple of British ladies and an Aussi working in the renting area. Is that rigth? Couls anyone please send me their contact details? I have found out the "local" agents are not very responsive. Could anyone help?

Thanks!!

totti
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Totti
Dear All,

I have arrived with my wife in Abu Dhabi. We are looking for accommodation - villa, perhaps - and we have heard that there are a couple of British ladies and an Aussi working in the renting area. Is that rigth? Couls anyone please send me their contact details? I have found out the "local" agents are not very responsive. Could anyone help?

Thanks!!

totti
Beebee is our local agent and he's not responsive...
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Totti
Dear All,

Thanks!!

totti
Hi

Hyatt , Homestyle , Asteco all have Europeans working for them

If you get Gulf News, you will find their numbers in the classified section.

Its gonna be tough, there is a real shortage of villas at the moment,whats your budget. If over 250,000 , u should be ok to find but under that, it will be hard. My company has been looking for villas up to 200.000 and we havent found yet

Put a notice up at ABella or Spinneys, if you have kids that will be going to the British School AL Khubeirat you could also put a notice up there.

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.