The Villa, Dubai

Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice
Red face The Villa, Dubai

Hi All,

On my extensive search for property in Dubai, I have stumbled upon the Villa out in Dubailand, which is comprised of a number of 5Br Villas, all of which are stunning, set in landscaped compounds.

Now I know they are a bit further out of town than somewhere like Springs/Meadows, and do not have the facilities that they have either, e.g. communal pool, community centre, spinneys, gym, etc.

My question is two fold: (1) Is there an intention to build these facilities in the future, i.e. is there ongoing development of the community now; and (2) how far away is it from DIFC, and the Marina District?

Thanks for your help, as ever!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:15 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Villa, Dubai

We live @ The Villa.

No communal Pool, a lot of houses have a pool anyway, I think all the 'Mazaya' type have them.

Spinneys being built...apparently....no community centre, theres some tennis courts somewhere.

About 15 mins from DIFC, depending where in The Marina you go, bit of a pain to get to...30-40 mins depending on time of day. ??? ish...

Wouldnt say all the Villas a re stunning, ours is ok...BIG but not stunning

There is a community forum

http://thevillacommunity.webs.com/apps/forums/
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

Great thanks for your help. You sound a little underwhelmed by the place - but presumably if there's ongoing work it will improve? It seems well connected to downtown Dubai too?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:33 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

lol, didn't mean to sound negative, we have been given 12 months notice to leave our current Villa ( landlord wants to sell....apparently ) that's all and we got it at a reasonable price for it's size based on current rental prices....they seem to be shooting up in price.

Not willing to pay what they are being advertised for at the moment so may have to move somewhere else.

if nobody is willing to pay current advertised prices surely they will have to drop.

HUGE Dewa bills here by the way. We have done everything we can to reduce consumption but its a BIG villa that needs a lot of air con and pool running costs are very high through Summer months.

probably wise to downsize, its been nice this last year and we dont have to move until next Feb but were here to make money not to spend it on high rent and dewa.

Have you been up to have a look around ?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Great thanks for your help. You sound a little underwhelmed by the place - but presumably if there's ongoing work it will improve? It seems well connected to downtown Dubai too?
Big houses in the middle of the desert.

We considered it. Never actually found the bloody entrance in off the motorway

I would take it easy in your first year unless you desperately need 5 bedrooms. There are a lot of costs of ownership and you could be for in 5k/month utility bills in the summer.

Find a school first, as unless you go to the one at Suicide Oasis or the Rectum, the school run from the villa will be a bastard.

Last edited by Millhouse; Apr 19th 2013 at 2:44 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:46 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I would take it easy in your first year unless you desperately need 5 bedrooms. There are a lot of costs of ownership and you could be for 5k/month utility bills in the summer.

Find a school first, as unless you go to the one at Suicide Oasis or the Rectum, the school run from the villa will be a bastard.

It's not in the middle of the Desert its in the desert , Entrance is off Emirates Rd or whatever it's called now...lol....and another off Al Ain Rd.

...and yes....secure a School place first....a lot are struggling to get places...dont presume you will get one...and yes...good advice re taking it easy until you find your feet, unless youre rich of course then you can rent whatever you like !!!

I do school run to DESS.. Dubai English Speaking School and it's easy.....eldest gets the School Bus to DESC... Dubai English Speaking College, both about a 15-20 ish.. min drive if no hold up's.

Last edited by Poshy; Apr 19th 2013 at 2:49 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if you can really trust the opinion of somebody who couldn't even find the entrance to the development. In the course of my work, I have visited the interior of several Villa properties including the Mazaya development. Yes, they look nice from the outside but the build quality is variable to say the least. One of the main developers/contractors evidently did a runner prior to project completion, so the finishing off was less than professional. However, they are competitively priced. I've come across 5-bed properties with over 3,500sq ft build and 6,000 sq ft plot going for less than Dhs2.5 million. Still few signs of any infrastructure or community facilities but good for an investment by renting out. Also, quite handily placed for the SZ University campus.

Last edited by mentalist; Apr 19th 2013 at 2:54 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:53 am
Just Joined

ukfb is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been in The Villa for 3 years now. We have a great landlord, have paid well below the currently advertised prices (currently paying 200K for 6 bedroom Mallorca villa), it's time for us to move on

Spinney's have just started construction on the Ponderosa Circle, with the shaded construction for the project team cars being completed almost immediately. I suspect though the pace of construction will now slow down

There are (at a cost) tennis courts, play grounds for kids, a mosque that's almost completed and as Poshy said a lot of villas have pools. The landscaping is moving with the earlier phases completed. There are plenty of lit footpaths off the road if you want to go running/walking/cycling in Phase 1.

For DEWA we've paid for a big villa between 500-1,000 AED per month during the winter and between 2,500-3,000 in the summer. We don't have a pool though and no grass. Next door who have a pool and grass have paid as much as 9,000 AED per month in the summer.

Access is only from the old Emirates Road, Sharjah direction just after Global Village and from the currently named Al Ain Road, heading towards Al Ain just after the exit for SZ University.

One of the reasons we're moving is the amount of time spent in the car - either on the school run (to Al Barsha) or looping around highway junctions to get out or home. Don't expect the highway junction for Al Badia, CofA, Falcon City and The Villa to be completed anytime soon...

Saying that, it's pretty well located and traffic wise with no issues getting in or out of the development. The only bottle neck close by is the Al Ain/old Emirates Road junction in the early morning.

Outside of rush hour we can reach WTC, DIFC, Dubai Mall, Wafi, Airport etc in about 20 mins. Taxi's come either from DSO or Arabian Ranches and normally easy to get.

Last edited by ukfb; Apr 21st 2013 at 5:37 am.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The Villa is in the sticks and I agree with Millhouse in that it's not ideal for a first year, as it is rather isolated. Better to live someone closer to amenities to start with and then move after the first year.

If you move there - good luck getting taxis or deliveries...
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
If you move there - good luck getting taxis or deliveries...
It's much better than it used to be - Taxis are usually available within 15-20 minutes and most taxi and delivery (food and parcel) drivers seem to know where to go.

I agree though - unless you like driving, somewhere with more amenities on your doorstep would be best at the start.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I would take it easy in your first year unless you desperately need 5 bedrooms. There are a lot of costs of ownership and you could be for in 5k/month utility bills in the summer.

Thanks for advice, sounds like a Springs/Meadows is the better 1st year option. I've heard everyone's advice about finding schools first and then the house followsvdependingnon location of school. But, as things currently stand the only school with availability is Repton and I'm less than enamoured at paying 50% more for what I presume will be a similar educational standard. It seems the fees are high to pay for the facilities there and that's about all.

No doubt ascabdcwhen I get out there I can "press the flesh" with Principaks etc and hope to secure a school elsewhere.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 11:36 am
Just Joined

the only school with availability is Repton
There's a new school opening in Victory Heights (next to Arabian Ranches/Motor City) in September - not sure on the availability though.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 1:31 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Not had any problems with Taxis or Deliveries.

I'd have hated it here when I first moved here though, it seemed so far out and it's only when you spend some time getting used to the roads and driving that you realize it's not that bad.

Spent first 2 years living in an apartment near Burj Khalifa and then a villa on The Springs....liked both very much.

Also don't see why Repton charge double what other Schools do, you might find 'Pressing The Flesh' with Principals here will get you a Prison Sentence.....
Old Apr 21st 2013, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

When I say pressing the flesh, Ieant writing out a large cheque there and then on the proviso they "find" room got my kids! Hope springs eternal... :-)
Old Apr 21st 2013, 5:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

When I say pressing the flesh, Ieant writing out a large cheque there and then on the proviso they "find" room got my kids! Hope springs eternal... :-)
What about the school at Suicide Oasis? No idea what it is called. Loads go there and live in Getto da Ranches.

Also schools in Mirdif (Uptown) and Green Community. The schools here are pretty much all the same and the beauty is that you can move at pretty much any time -- so if you don't like one, you just move on. The Rectum is by name only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.