Villa in Doha

Old Dec 22nd 2014, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

SignalsRugbyDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Villa in Doha

My family is moving from Riyadh to Doha in the New Year and we're trying to get a good steer on housing options.

We are moving from a Western compound in the older part of Riyadh and are hoping to move into a similar compound not too far out because of traffic. We've seen Al Fardan Gardens 2 and that seems to tick most of the boxes especially for location. A 3 bed villa there costs QAR18,000 semi furnished I believe. Is this typical or are they towards the top end of the market?

We are not looking for executive accommodation, just a fairly decent semi furnished or furnished villa with 3 or 4 upstairs bedrooms (don't care about having a maid's room).
Will QAR12,500 pcm get us something acceptable or is that too low?

We don't want to be anywhere near the Pearl because the commute into town would be horrible and I've seen some villas out there which were extortionate and were in grotty condition! I'm led to believe that getting maintenance seen to in many compounds can be a problem so we'd like one with a decent reputation.

With 2 teenage children we prefer not to have an apartment. We'll be moving in around end Feb/end Mar and the office is in Al Mana Towers on C Ring road

Any advice of location, availability and especially cost would be much appreciated.

Last edited by SignalsRugbyDog; Dec 22nd 2014 at 2:20 pm. Reason: Add info