British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Victim Of Fraud in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/victim-fraud-dubai-820664/)

Brains1983 Jan 8th 2014 5:50 am

Re: Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

just throwing it out here, but I reckon you did work in Dubai, did rack up a load of debt, and did **** off without paying it back.

If I'm wrong, your old passport will not have any stamps from the UAE and you'll be able to get something from the UAE embassy in the UAE confirming the same upon inspection of your old passport.

Irishbeekeeper Jan 8th 2014 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11068319)
just throwing it out here, but I reckon you did work in Dubai, did rack up a load of debt, and did **** off without paying it back.

britexpat76 Jan 8th 2014 6:58 am

If I'm wrong, your old passport will not have any stamps from the UAE and you'll be able to get something from the UAE embassy in the UAE confirming the same upon inspection of your old passport.

How cynical....................

Autonomy Jan 8th 2014 8:35 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11068359)
How cynical....................

Sorry but x 4

If you say the cancelled passport is lost or destroyed etc... hmm....

Sandboy Jan 8th 2014 8:36 am

:D me too

The Dean Jan 8th 2014 9:33 am

Well I believe him.............. 5 - 1 = 4........... :sneaky:

merlin36 Jan 8th 2014 9:58 am

Brains1983 well lets just say you don't have any.

Brains1983 Jan 8th 2014 10:07 am

Originally Posted by merlin36 (Post 11068517)
Brains1983 well lets just say you don't have any.

debts that I've done a runner from? You are correct.

merlin36 Jan 8th 2014 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11068531)
debts that I've done a runner from? You are correct.

Yes you are correct if i did have the old passport it would show that i have never been to the UAE because i never have. if you read earlier posts i did mention that i have a new passport but for you to come on here and accuse me of something which isn't true you should be shamed.

Alexa Jan 8th 2014 10:20 am

So what happened with the old passport? Was it stolen? And if it is marked as not valid, how can somebody else have used it?

Brains1983 Jan 8th 2014 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11068556)
So what happened with the old passport? Was it stolen? And if it is marked as not valid, how can somebody else have used it?

and how exactly would they be able to use it to rack up debt here without it having a visa in it...

merlin36 Jan 8th 2014 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11068560)
and how exactly would they be able to use it to rack up debt here without it having a visa in it...

i don't know you tell me this guy managed to get a job as well the world of fraud is very vast these people are very knowledgeable and skilled at what they do.

i have seen on youtube how people can make UK passport all sorts of things and you think i am sitting here making this sh.. up or you think it is me who was actually their.

merlin36 Jan 8th 2014 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11068556)

No My passport was not stolen but my laptop was which had my passport copy on the hard drive.

NorthernLad Jan 8th 2014 10:57 am

Originally Posted by merlin36 (Post 11068572)
i don't know you tell me this guy managed to get a job as well the world of fraud is very vast these people are very knowledgeable and skilled at what they do.

i have seen on youtube how people can make UK passport all sorts of things and you think i am sitting here making this sh.. up or you think it is me who was actually their.

Does the fraudster look like you?

Surely just a comparison of the two passport photos will confirm (and if the passport has been used here, you can guarantee that there will be copies, you can't do owt without handing over several copies).

merlin36 Jan 8th 2014 11:03 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11068609)
Does the fraudster look like you?

Surely just a comparison of the two passport photos will confirm (and if the passport has been used here, you can guarantee that there will be copies, you can't do owt without handing over several copies).

These are the things i am trying to establish just now all the bank is telling me is that i owe them money and sent me through they haven;t send me anymore information i am working with them just now for them to release the copies that they hold but until now they haven't sent it through to me.

having said that i am waiting on a call back from the uk passport office to see what they can do for me and then i will send this on to the bank to prove i was never there in the first place.