Reload this Page >

Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

merlin36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

Hi Guys

I wanted to get you knowledge and experience on this i am based in the uk but it has just came to light that i have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as me in dubai.
What i have been told is that they have had a uk passport with my name on it they have managed to get a job in dubai they have ran up debt in my name and then disappeared this has caused me a lot of sleepless nights.

i have never worked in dubai or even flown to dubai for a holiday now the banks are sending me mail with all sorts of numbers on it they say i cannot enter UAE or i will be arrested i don't know what to do i am pulling my hair out here and i do not have much of that any advice or help would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:30 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victim Of Fraud in Dubai

go to your local police
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
go to your local police
yes i have done that but they can't do anything as it is in another country.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlin36
Do you want to go to Dubai, if not I would just igmore things, or contact the foreign office and tell them your story, they may be able to help.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get a copy of this fake passport? You could then show that the picture doesn't even look like you... unless of course it does!!
You should get in touch with a lawyer out here.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:41 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you look nothing like the fraudster. Dubai will have a copy of his picture and maybe biometrics so its easy enough to prove it was not you there
Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:49 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

First things first.

1 Don’t panic. You can’t be arrested in UK for mere debt in UAE.

2 Which bank(s)? This is important because if its an international bank such as HSBC your useful points of contact will be different.

3 How has the bank identified you as the person in question, other than by having the same name? Unless you’re called Zaphod Beeblebrock, then its quite likely there’s someone with the same name.

4 Do you intend to travel to any of the GCC countries, or fly via them?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

The bank in question is the Arab bank as I know plus some how this is my whole passport with picture also.
I don't know how this could be possible I did lose my laptop a few years back this would of course hold my passport copy also I would be travelling via dubai in the near future plans.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all comments please keep them coming so I can have a better understanding of this.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The bank in question is the Arab bank as I know plus some how this is my whole passport with picture also.
I don't know how this could be possible I did lose my laptop a few years back this would of course hold my passport copy also I would be travelling via dubai in the near future plans.
Is the copy of the passport they have your current passport, or a cancelled passport which you still have? If so, you can establish that you've never been to UAE because there will be no visa stamps in it. If so, write to them and provide a copy of all the passport pages evidencing that you have never been to the UAE.

If communication with them (presumably with their branch in the UAE or their head office in Amman) is difficult, you could try communicating with their wholly-owned subsidiary Europe Arab Bank, in London.

I would advise going anywhere near the UAE (even in transit) until its sorted.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks no that passport was cancelled and I have another passport now as of my new passport it does not hold any stamps of any country in it at present I just find this very strange as someone can walk in to a bank branch with and get money handed to them.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:44 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

I wanted to get you knowledge and experience on this i am based in the uk but it has just came to light that i have been a victim of fraud by someone posing as me in dubai.
What i have been told is that they have had a uk passport with my name on it they have managed to get a job in dubai they have ran up debt in my name and then disappeared this has caused me a lot of sleepless nights.

i have never worked in dubai or even flown to dubai for a holiday now the banks are sending me mail with all sorts of numbers on it they say i cannot enter UAE or i will be arrested i don't know what to do i am pulling my hair out here and i do not have much of that any advice or help would be much appreciated.
Write a letter to The Sun or The Daily Mail. They love this type of shit about Dubai and may do the leg work for you.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 4:49 pm
Hit 16's

Thanks no that passport was cancelled and I have another passport now as of my new passport it does not hold any stamps of any country in it at present I just find this very strange as someone can walk in to a bank branch with and get money handed to them.
If the date of the loans is after the passport was cancelled, try contacting the Passport Office to see if you can get an official letter stating when the passport was cancelled.

Have you written to the bank?

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Write a letter to The Sun or The Daily Mail. They love this type of shit about Dubai and may do the leg work for you.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys yeah have spoken with the bank and have said to them that this is not me I was never in dubai I have a flight going to Australia in June I might need to change my plans unless I can go through Qatar what do yous guys think.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys yeah have spoken with the bank and have said to them that this is not me I was never in dubai I have a flight going to Australia in June I might need to change my plans unless I can go through Qatar what do yous guys think.
Are you a wizard?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.