Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Urgent advise re car insurance please

Urgent advise re car insurance please

Old May 9th 2010, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent advise re car insurance please

The throttle on my car jammed and I reversed it into my electric gates!
I have 3rd party insurance so I am assuming that after making a police report my landlord can then make a claim against my insurance.
I have just had a very confusing conversation with somebody at the insurance company who tell me that they cannot help me??

Surely 3rd party means that if I damage somebodies property it is covered by 3rd party insurance?
Has anybody had a situation like this when there is little or no damage to their car but the car has totally wrecked a gate or similiar.?
TIA.
xx
Old May 9th 2010, 8:07 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent advise re car insurance please

The landlord will claim from you and not the insurance policy. If the policy does not work for damaging gates then see if you have any public liability insurance - maybe you have it with your credit card.

Don't let your car insurance off the hook though.

Good luck.

GET THE CAR SEEN TO URGENTLY!!!!!
Old May 9th 2010, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I have 3rd party insurance so I am assuming that after making a police report my landlord can then make a claim against my insurance.
I have just had a very confusing conversation with somebody at the insurance company who tell me that they cannot help me??

Surely 3rd party means that if I damage somebodies property it is covered by 3rd party insurance?
Has anybody had a situation like this when there is little or no damage to their car but the car has totally wrecked a gate or similiar.?
TIA.
xx
to me 3rd party insurance means that in a car accident if there was damage to the other car, the insurance would pay up, but if damage to your car, no pay up from company, so the fact that you damaged a gate ie other party, then the insurance should pay up but it may only refer to cars need to look at policy. a friend of mine was driving down corniche in ad and it was very windy, and one of the signs landed on her windscreen, because there was nobody else involved it was her fault, of course, you cannot claim from the sign post....! but she was driving a rental car, so that would have full insurance, but the police blamed her.
Old May 9th 2010, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

TIA.
xx
is the car one of the ones that has a recall on it, it if was toyota or similar etc. then you could go to the them, but i think you have an uphill battle here.
Old May 9th 2010, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
The landlord will claim from you and not the insurance policy. If the policy does not work for damaging gates then see if you have any public liability insurance - maybe you have it with your credit card.

Don't let your car insurance off the hook though.

Good luck.

GET THE CAR SEEN TO URGENTLY!!!!!
The car is not damaged other than some minor scrapes. It is just stuck in the drive because the gates won't work so I can't get it out :-)
Old May 9th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Sober up before you do anything!!!
Old May 9th 2010, 11:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Heard that one before!
Old May 9th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Sober up before you do anything!!!
***** off
Old May 9th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Heard that one before!
I have had problems with the car over revving, I was due to call the garage this week.... if I am waiting at the lights the engine revs even when I am not touching the accelerator. So perhaps my description of a jammed throttle is not quite correct but I didn't know how else to explain it.
Old May 9th 2010, 12:17 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have had problems with the car over revving, I was due to call the garage this week.... if I am waiting at the lights the engine revs even when I am not touching the accelerator. So perhaps my description of a jammed throttle is not quite correct but I didn't know how else to explain it.
Sorry, (knee-)jerk reaction. Hope you get it sorted...
Old May 9th 2010, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Sorry, (knee-)jerk reaction. Hope you get it sorted...
No prob darling, I haven't been able to do anything because my landlord hasn't come round yet!He is a really nice Local guy and I am sure he will help to guide me through the police and insurance maze :-)
Old May 9th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I found this on 1 of the insurance companies pages so there is hope. :-)

Though third party insurance is mandatory, it is vital to remember that it only covers your liability towards others. So if your vehicle sustains damages this policy does not cover any loss or damage to your vehicle in the event of an unforeseen circumstance.

The main motive of third party insurance in UAE is to protect the interest of an innocent party who has to bear physical injuries, or damage to personal property because of someone’s negligent driving.
Old May 9th 2010, 1:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I found this on 1 of the insurance companies pages so there is hope. :-)

Though third party insurance is mandatory, it is vital to remember that it only covers your liability towards others. So if your vehicle sustains damages this policy does not cover any loss or damage to your vehicle in the event of an unforeseen circumstance.

The main motive of third party insurance in UAE is to protect the interest of an innocent party who has to bear physical injuries, or damage to personal property because of someone’s negligent driving.
yeah, but that doesn't cover you cos there's no way you were negligent...is there?
Old May 9th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Roadking
yeah, but that doesn't cover you cos there's no way you were negligent...is there?
Well if you think backing a car into a stationary electric gate isn't negligent I don't know what is! lol
Old May 9th 2010, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

you muppet patsy...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.