Reload this Page >

Upgrading to fibre optic - Elife

Upgrading to fibre optic - Elife

Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

hayrah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Upgrading to fibre optic - Elife

Originally Posted by twisty100
You should have stayed at home, cheaper and better TV.
After only two weeks, I think my hubby would agree...

The sooner we are both working the better!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I have elife. (no TV services though as we don't watch it). works for us - the internet is about as stable as the Al Shami but lots faster and cheaper.
Have just called Etisalat to subscribe to e-life - have had Al Shamil so far which is painfully slow.

Let's hope the experience is similar to yours and it doesn't turn out to be a horror story!
Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shehryar
Have just called Etisalat to subscribe to e-life - have had Al Shamil so far which is painfully slow.

Let's hope the experience is similar to yours and it doesn't turn out to be a horror story!
My only update since that last post... it stopped working for a full two weeks. I didn't report it as I was moving house and going to cancel anyway. I suspect it was a problem with the box on the wall rather than the service though as it would knock out the wifi every 10 mins.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
My only update since that last post... it stopped working for a full two weeks. I didn't report it as I was moving house and going to cancel anyway. I suspect it was a problem with the box on the wall rather than the service though as it would knock out the wifi every 10 mins.
^^ Not ideal, is it.

A shame that both Etisalat and Du do not provide competing services for the same dwelling, at least as far I know in Dubai. New or freehold areas mostly have Du connections and one's stuck with Du; older areas or more established places have Etisalat...and one cannot really switch between the two.

Not much of a choice, me thinks.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shehryar
^^ Not ideal, is it.

A shame that both Etisalat and Du do not provide competing services for the same dwelling, at least as far I know in Dubai. New or freehold areas mostly have Du connections and one's stuck with Du; older areas or more established places have Etisalat...and one cannot really switch between the two.

Not much of a choice, me thinks.
ah, well... in the Ranches they have just opened it up to Etisalat...

I stuck with Du though, as bad as they might be, at least they have been there for a while.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:47 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry for asking this question again, and slightly hijacking the thread:
I have Evision. I want to upgrade to the HD package. This involves splashing out 1000aed for a new box.

I STILL cant get a straight answer fomr Etisalat, so:

Can I pre-programme recordings on the Evision HD box like I used to be able to do on Showtime Showbox?

unless I can, I don't want to bother.

Thanks, Victor