Old Dec 30th 2010, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road
Default UK updates its Gulf expat evacuation plan in case of war with Iran

Story in the Daily Telegraph

bet the Dubai government really hates this being made public
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK updates its Gulf expat evacuation plan in case of war with Iran

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din

It's a contingency.

Just like that fresh new highway to Fujeirah.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698438
Old Jan 1st 2011, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
It's a contingency.

Just like that fresh new highway to Fujeirah.
and all the grain silos being build out that way
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:01 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to know they actually are coming up with a plan for once...during the gulf war next to nothing was done. Of course the real reason behind this is keeping the illusion of UAE safety which brings westerners here which in turn contributes to their economy. I seriously doubt the British government really and deeply cares about it's non-tax paying citizens living it up here. It cares more about contracts with the UAE military and government...still if that means I can get a free trip to Oman on the HMS Invincible should Iran's mad leaders do their worst I won't complain.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Nice to know they actually are coming up with a plan for once...during the gulf war next to nothing was done. Of course the real reason behind this is keeping the illusion of UAE safety which brings westerners here which in turn contributes to their economy. I seriously doubt the British government really and deeply cares about it's non-tax paying citizens living it up here. It cares more about contracts with the UAE military and government...still if that means I can get a free trip to Oman on the HMS Invincible should Iran's mad leaders do their worst I won't complain.

N.
I won't be coming with you.

From the rumours I hear about Iran's 'capability', if they fired a missile at, say, the Burj Khalifa, the safest place to be would be inside the Burj Khalifa..........

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 2nd 2011 at 7:04 am. Reason: r
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You really ought to read our Sandpit Forum before starting threads on here. The topic has already been discussed. Happy New Year from Mr. Grumpy.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You really ought to read our Sandpit Forum before starting threads on here. The topic has already been discussed. Happy New Year from Mr. Grumpy.
why not give it a rest? I'm not asking you do be happy for the whole year... maybe just the first week or so. deal?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
And YOU ought to read post no. 3 of THIS thread...............
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:22 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I won't be coming with you.

From the rumours I hear about Iran's 'capability', if they fired a missile at, say, the Burj Khalifa, the safest place to be would be inside the Burj Khalifa..........
Rumours aren't good things to base your personal safety on though - I tend to be allergic to things like cruise missiles heading in the same direction as a city I happen to be in...unless the UAE government sees fit to allow me to arm myself and provides proper bomb shelters I wouldn't stay in the event of a war with Iran - the Iranian leadership is utterly bonkers and can't be trusted to follow proper rules of engagement.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:45 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

And YOU ought to read post no. 3 of THIS thread...............
OH SNAP!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:47 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Rumours aren't good things to base your personal safety on though - I tend to be allergic to things like cruise missiles heading in the same direction as a city I happen to be in...unless the UAE government sees fit to allow me to arm myself and provides proper bomb shelters I wouldn't stay in the event of a war with Iran - the Iranian leadership is utterly bonkers and can't be trusted to follow proper rules of engagement.

N.
True. In fact, I imagine their first reaction would be to aim their missiles at the likes of JBR and the Marina. Somewhere they will kill the minimum amount of Arabs, but the maximum amount of westerners, without targeting the military infrastructure of the UAE.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
True. In fact, I imagine their first reaction would be to aim their missiles at the likes of JBR and the Marina. Somewhere they will kill the minimum amount of Arabs, but the maximum amount of westerners, without targeting the military infrastructure of the UAE.
If that were the case, Dubai would have been targeted years ago, due to its "Western-style decadence" etc, surely?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:47 am
You read these things?

If that were the case, Dubai would have been targeted years ago, due to its "Western-style decadence" etc, surely?
And risk kicking off a war with the Arab world? Nah, they'll wait until Israel/the West starts it and then do it, claiming moral superiority.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

...the Iranian leadership ... can't be trusted to follow proper rules of engagement.

N.
And who the hell can?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.