Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK to UAE - Positive move?

UK to UAE - Positive move?

Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to UAE - Positive move?

Originally Posted by kimberly88
hello everyone,
I am hopefully going ot dubai in june to do a seven week placement, and was wondering if any of you know about work permits and what things i need to work out there, also if there is any age restriction on people going out to work in dubai (as i am only 16)
thanks people
Welcome to the site, but best bet, start a new thread, and can't find the info inthe faq's?
Old Dec 11th 2004, 6:59 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeyboy
[B]
Hi - just joined. Anyone in Dubai looking for an architect?

Can anyone tell me what a great decision it was for them to move to Dubai from the UK? Any info regarding life in UAE would be of interest to me.

Thanks in advance :confused

A mate of mine is an expat architect.
pm me and ill have a chat to him
Old Dec 11th 2004, 7:13 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

[B]

Can anyone tell me what a great decision it was for them to move to Dubai from the UK? Any info regarding life in UAE would be of interest to me.

Thanks in advance :confused
If you can get a job, then I would recommend coming over here.
I have been here 2-3 weeks and i am loving it.
There is tons of stuff to do, you will never be bored. (most people who complain that its boring here are the ones who dont get off there arse to explore, or put themselves out of there way to get involved).

Weather is great, tax free is a bonus as well.
Dubai is also very well located to get flights elsewhere, Goa, maldives etc.
I personally found the Dubai Explorer book very handy. pop down to Waterstones or Borders and grab a copy.

If you can get out b4 the 27the of jan then consider yourself invited to our piss up.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
There is tons of stuff to do, you will never be bored. (most people who complain that its boring here are the ones who dont get off there arse to explore, or put themselves out of there way to get involved).
Only boring people get bored.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 8:34 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Only boring people get bored.

Well said !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2004, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

mikeyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bud - will bear it in mind if I can get relocated by then - I'll let u know via this site. Still looking for that elusive architect's position. Get me out of this damp greyness and speed me to the hot desert sun!
Old Dec 12th 2004, 5:59 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

[B]
Welcome aboard Mickeyboy.

Architects and Dubai...... hmmmmmmm........ i am surprised that it has taken this long for me to c an architect on this site....... Dubai is the only city in the World with this much construction going on.

Have a look at:
www.emaar.com
www.nakheel.ae
www.dubailand.ae
www.dubaiholding.com
www.jbr.ae

We need as many architects as poss with all the mega projects planned for the Emirate.

Look at the FAQ site for more info...... u cud drop me a PM or email if u have any more specific q's.... i am known as the Dubai Oracle, so I am always happy to share info.
Old Dec 12th 2004, 6:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
Welcome aboard Mickeyboy.

Architects and Dubai...... hmmmmmmm........ i am surprised that it has taken this long for me to c an architect on this site....... Dubai is the only city in the World with this much construction going on.
just added those links for recruitment info...
Old Dec 12th 2004, 8:49 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
just added those links for recruitment info...
was going to PM u and ask u to do that, but u read my mind! lol...... shud be handy to people i think.

add the police site and municipality sites aswell:

www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
www.dm.gov.ae

get asked for those alot too.
Old Dec 12th 2004, 9:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

add the police site and municipality sites aswell:
Added to lifestyle...
Old Dec 13th 2004, 4:53 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Added to lifestyle...
kewl. That thread is starting to look more and more useful now.

U could even add our latest newspaper on there:
www.7days.ae

I think these other two are already listed somewhere, but just incase they arent, here are the links:
www.gulfnews.com
www.khaleejtimes.com

So wot r u up2 then m8? Enjoying the snow in America? And how r ur pet rats? lol
Old Dec 13th 2004, 12:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

So wot r u up2 then m8? Enjoying the snow in America? And how r ur pet rats? lol
Not bad mate, trying to Americanise my CV alla resume...don't help that I don't have a clue if and what the US version of the HSE and NAAIDT are though...any ideas?

As for snow, there's been a bit, but it's not been to bad over here, right by the coast, some parts of the state are covered though. And the rat, yeah, he's good, got a old bag of stale cerial for snack, so he's happy
Old Dec 13th 2004, 12:42 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Not bad mate, trying to Americanise my CV alla resume...don't help that I don't have a clue if and what the US version of the HSE and NAAIDT are though...any ideas?

As for snow, there's been a bit, but it's not been to bad over here, right by the coast, some parts of the state are covered though. And the rat, yeah, he's good, got a old bag of stale cerial for snack, so he's happy
I had to go thru that pain at my uni.... they americanised my CV and then it became a resume. lol

No snow here at all...... had rain on my birthday, which was the first time that had happened in 9 yrs! lol

That must be one huge rat if he can polish an entire box of cereal by himself. lol
Old Dec 13th 2004, 1:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

That must be one huge rat if he can polish an entire box of cereal by himself. lol
Well there's only a 1/4 box of cereal left for him to attack, and he's taking his time, but he's getting there
Old Dec 13th 2004, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

mikeyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Face 81

Am in Ireland currently - economy is booming as is construction activity so no shortage of work here in the meantime - but searching for an expat change of scene - am checking out the sites you supplied - exciting times for dubai's developers it seems. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.