Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal

UK Passport Renewal

Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by spartans53
If you have a new passport but no old one, you can go to immigration and they will put you a new residence permit in the new one for a fee. It cost some money, not sure how much but you can then leave the country. Happened with youngest Spartan last year and Mrs Spartans sorted it.
Can you elaborate? Mrs csdf may have to do just this.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:49 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
If you have a new passport but no old one, you can go to immigration and they will put you a new residence permit in the new one for a fee. It cost some money, not sure how much but you can then leave the country. Happened with youngest Spartan last year and Mrs Spartans sorted it.
I think this is only valid if you don't work in a free zone? Certainly anything to do with my visa is a major ballache and I can't go directly to immigration for 95% of things (getting an egate card being the major exception).
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Can you elaborate? Mrs csdf may have to do just this.
just go to immigration at 19th with a copy of the old visa and they will charge you something like 150dhs for a new one.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

my passport renewal went to germany 21st may, and so now we are past the 4 week mark. contacted them yesterday reply this morning to say that they should be processed within this week, so that may give you an indication of where you may be "in the line".
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:54 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
my passport renewal went to germany 21st may, and so now we are past the 4 week mark. contacted them yesterday reply this morning to say that they should be processed within this week, so that may give you an indication of where you may be "in the line".
Dear Busybee,
I would like to plough you roughly, like a farmer hewing furrows in the arid soil. being watched afar by a lion. in the Serengeti

love and regards
Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Holly Wood is an unknown quantity at this point

Daughter's passport sent May 5th, arrived May 7th.Money taken May 8th, new one received June 3rd. Expired ppt with visa received June 15th. The Jobby-lee weekend took it's toll on returning old documents according to the £1.78+vat + cost of call "help-line". As for some mad reason the supporting docs are not sent back direct from Dusseldorf via DHL but via England then to good old AD, contrary to popular belief. A truly magnificent experience.

And BB - I reckon you're in with WDC. Could be fun for you.Go for it girl.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

I sent mine on May 16th - I received the old one back today... still waiting for the new one... hmmm
Old Jun 24th 2012, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mischief Queen
I sent mine on May 16th - I received the old one back today... still waiting for the new one... hmmm
My wife's old passport arrived back about 12 days after the new one.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

There are very large backlogs in Düsseldorf at the moment. You will be applying directly to the UK from April however.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There are very large backlogs in Düsseldorf at the moment. You will be applying directly to the UK from April however.
yeh cut out the middle man....
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

what they need is to have a tracking system that you can at least see online where "in the line" your application is.... its not knowing what is happening which is not the fun part... communication is the key.

in the application notes it tells you to send each applicatin in separately ie separate DHL so that means then you will get them all back separately how silly is that.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:24 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW... daughter's old passport arrived in Germany on the 24th May, credit card debited 25th. DHL knocked on our door with the new passport yesterday. The family, sans me, are travelling on Tuesday morning, and of course daughter's residence visa is in the old passport.

Because we had no guarantees that old passport would turn up in time we went down to Immigration this morning and got her visa transferred into her new passport, which was pretty painless, even though they initially insisted that it couldn't be done without having the old passport to hand. Anyway, they did it, and literally as we were driving out of the car park, we got a call from DHL... you can guess what they were about to deliver...
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eeyore
FWIW... daughter's old passport arrived in Germany on the 24th May, credit card debited 25th. DHL knocked on our door with the new passport yesterday. The family, sans me, are travelling on Tuesday morning, and of course daughter's residence visa is in the old passport.

Because we had no guarantees that old passport would turn up in time we went down to Immigration this morning and got her visa transferred into her new passport, which was pretty painless, even though they initially insisted that it couldn't be done without having the old passport to hand. Anyway, they did it, and literally as we were driving out of the car park, we got a call from DHL... you can guess what they were about to deliver...
hahahaha did you not check with dhl first that they may have it..... i got my passports back yesterday too must of been in the same plane.... 2 passports from uk and 2 passports from germany they rang and said i have 3 no if you have 3 you must have the 4th too! i could imagine 2 and 2 so he went away and rang back and they did have 4!!! even though the route from germany is a much longer one and it was sent a day later they all ended up in abu on the same day. you can ring up dhl and they will try and trace it for you via your name or phone number as you are not provided the tracking number. my passport renewals lasted nearly 6 weeks and that was with me chasing them up by email...... it got to the top of the queue after slightly more than 4 weeks and then a few days on a plane!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eeyore

yours was the same i sent off on 21st arrived i think 24th prob on same plane...... on the way and way back
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:35 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

hahahaha did you not check with dhl first that they may have it...
We had no tracking number, so didn't think it was worth trying. We tried calling the UK passport helpline this morning before we went to Immigration, specifically to get the tracking number, but despite being advertised as a 24/7 service, it turns out that it isn't - apparently it's only open for a brief period after 1900 GMT on Sundays.

Anyway, all sorted now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.