Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UK doctor wishing to work in Saudi

UK doctor wishing to work in Saudi

Old Jan 14th 2024, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

UKDoctor is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK doctor wishing to work in Saudi

Hello all (new joiner here after I have found very little by way of information from my own searches online)

I am a UK doctor (GP/ equivalent of family medicine consultant) and was hoping to find work as a doctor in Saudi Arabia. I wondered if anyone here had any useful information on how to apply for such jobs in the country? I have seen a one or two job adverts from places such as Nakrigulf though these aren't too clear on specifics like salary and packages.

My main motivating factors are both personal and financial but to make the move from the UK worthwhile I be hoping to earn 60-80kSAR.

I wanted to reach out here on this forum to see if anyone had any advice on the best way to find work as a GP doctor in Saudi?

Many thanks in advance
Old Apr 24th 2024, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Monayp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK doctor wishing to work in Saudi

Hello,
I’m also in the same position. Did you manage to find work in Saudi and have you registered with their medical council ?
looking for tips and advice.
thanks
Old Apr 24th 2024, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK doctor wishing to work in Saudi

Originally Posted by UKDoctor
Hello all (new joiner here after I have found very little by way of information from my own searches online)

I am a UK doctor (GP/ equivalent of family medicine consultant) and was hoping to find work as a doctor in Saudi Arabia. I wondered if anyone here had any useful information on how to apply for such jobs in the country? I have seen a one or two job adverts from places such as Nakrigulf though these aren't too clear on specifics like salary and packages.

My main motivating factors are both personal and financial but to make the move from the UK worthwhile I be hoping to earn 60-80kSAR.

I wanted to reach out here on this forum to see if anyone had any advice on the best way to find work as a GP doctor in Saudi?

Many thanks in advance
Don't see any UK or Irish doctors here nowadays. In the 80s/90s there used to be lots, now they are mostly Saudi, Egyptian and Lebanese.

As for working as a GP, there aren't GP surgeries as in the UK. Doctors work from hospitals, or occaisonally smaller community clinics.

No idea as to salary for doctors but nurses are paid a pittance.