UAE Residency

Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:49 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE Residency

Originally Posted by TA5
however, if you are talking about half a year or something, just get consecutive visit visas, and ask for extensions for each one

Visit visa's are no good as you cant get a bank account, driving licence, and most importantly...an alcohol licence.

Last edited by Jammy_Dodgers; Dec 7th 2004 at 12:50 pm. Reason: cos mi speling is shite
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:58 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCA27
as a uk national, i get 60 days + 30 which means i would have to leave maybe every 3 months......but my wife requires a visa and needs to be sponsored which would be problematic for her...

by getting a residency visa myself, i would then sponsor her......

in no way was i implying that you would be 'cheating' society.

Also, he asked about it as it relates to UAE, not the world. And I responded by saying that no, it is not possible without buying property. Yes, if somebody is a millionaire and wants to retire to UAE, they can buy a property and through that get a residency visa, that is what that law is aimed at.

You guys need to chill out
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:01 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Thats bollocks.
it happens in the UK all the time

I was thinking the same thing before I noticed that you got there first.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TA5

Also, he asked about it as it relates to UAE, not the world. And I responded by saying that no, it is not possible without buying property. Yes, if somebody is a millionaire and wants to retire to UAE, they can buy a property and through that get a residency visa, that is what that law is aimed at.

yes, but the freehold property which i have purchased is not ready till 2006 - and you only get the permit on completion
Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:14 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5

We are super chill!.. just a debate thats all.

there nothing like a mass-debate to calm the nerves!
Old Dec 7th 2004, 2:01 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
We are super chill!.. just a debate thats all.

there nothing like a mass-debate to calm the nerves!

yea, but you are debating about a law, which by definition is not open for debate, especially in non-democratic countries
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5

No darling!! You are muddled up! You said it doesn't happen anywhere in the world, but in fact it happens in most Western countries, including yours I believe!!

MCA27 have you thought of buying a tiny studio in the International City or the Greens maybe, so you could get an easy permit? You could rent it out and cover the mortgage costs, but you are the only one to assess your finances and the feasibility of it all
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
No darling!! You are muddled up! You said it doesn't happen anywhere in the world, but in fact it happens in most Western countries, including yours I believe!!

MCA27 have you thought of buying a tiny studio in the International City or the Greens maybe, so you could get an easy permit? You could rent it out and cover the mortgage costs, but you are the only one to assess your finances and the feasibility of it all
well, i have purchased already and the place is not ready till 2006. I possibly could buy in Int city, but I don't really want to put all my eggs in one basket in case the militants take over....
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

well, i have purchased already and the place is not ready till 2006. I possibly could buy in Int city, but I don't really want to put all my eggs in one basket in case the militants take over....

Bless, wise old thing
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

not the Palm Jumeira by any chance?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

not the Palm Jumeira by any chance?
yep...why is it sinking already????
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep...why is it sinking already????
I suggest you buy a range of buckets to empty the water out of your house every morning ahhh, the island life
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

I suggest you buy a range of buckets to empty the water out of your house every morning ahhh, the island life
fortunately its an apartment, so i'll be one of the last to drown.