UAE citizenship

Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:00 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Question UAE citizenship

As I am hearing conflicting stories, can someone clarify this for me please?

Can you apply for UAE citizen ship after 25 years residency? I was told that was the case, now others say it is for othe GCC nationals only.

Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:09 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE citizenship

This rumour went around over a year ago, but when one of our erstwhile members, Face (who was born here and has lived here over 25 years) investigated further, he discovered that there was no truth to it.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:12 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I have just done some searches on the issue and no, you cannot.

Seems unfair on someone who has lived in the UAE for aeons and contributed to the the economy though.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I have just done some searches on the issue and no, you cannot.

Seems unfair on someone who has lived in the UAE for aeons and contributed to the the economy though.
Slap me down if I'm being stupid here, but why would you want or need it?

Does it make it easier to come in and out of the country? (Surely that can't be all it is?)

Does it give you unrestricted access to other GCC countries? (Good idea if it does)

Yours truly,

Ignorant of Riyadh.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Slap me down if I'm being stupid here, but why would you want or need it?

Does it make it easier to come in and out of the country? (Surely that can't be all it is?)

Does it give you unrestricted access to other GCC countries? (Good idea if it does)

Yours truly,

Ignorant of Riyadh.
Just in case it does happen, a very important condition is that you renounce your original citizenship and passport...
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:54 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Confucius
Just in case it does happen, a very important condition is that you renounce your original citizenship and passport...

That is silly. You should be able to have dual nationality (I used to).

I just thought it would be easier for people who want to retire in the UAE. I don't want/need it, but I think the rules are a bit odd.

*shrugs*
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

That is silly. You should be able to have dual nationality (I used to).

I just thought it would be easier for people who want to retire in the UAE. I don't want/need it, but I think the rules are a bit odd.

*shrugs*
Do you seriously think that a place where you MIGHT get a shot at naturalization would be fair in the same level as somewhere who gives the citizenship in 5 years???
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:04 pm
Bored liberal

Hey. I'm an optimist
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey. I'm an optimist
I heard that they don't give citizenship to Brits even if they have lived a 100 years in UAE...
Still optimist???
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:08 pm
Bored liberal

Past caring.

I don't plan to live here for the rest of my life
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Past caring.

I don't plan to live here for the rest of my life
How about the next 25 years???
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:22 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Confucius
How about the next 25 years???
Is that an offer?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is that an offer?
I will give you a book with 48 pages in it,but I don't think you can call it a passport...
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:24 pm
Bored liberal

I am way past ladybird books now.

Anyway, you said different in those PMs.....
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yes you can, I know two people who are going through the naturalization process at the moment, takes couple of years though. And a lot of Wasta helps. The rulers can also grant it should they feel inclined to at any point

benefits: the cheapest electricity in the world, no water bills, govt housing and govt rent rates, govt jobs with upto 3 months off a year not including eid etc (1 month leave, 1 month study leave and 1 month to look after a sick relative per yr), middle management level in the municipality (about 7-10yrs time served) comes with a salary of around 100k per month!, free or cheap land to build a house, financial assistance from govt to get married, start a business etc, stupidly low rates of interest from banks etc etc.
Best bet is to get it in Abu Dhabi where nationals are still granted cash for fairly flimsy reasons on a whim

oh and the right to do whatever you ****ing please whenever you please with a justice system designed to let you get away with it.....

why wouldnt you want it.

but you cant have dual nationality, you must revoke your prior nationality to get it.

conf, there are a few brits with it but they have been granted it for services rendered to the country, mostly by abu dhabi and for services done in the 60's and 70's. zayed was fond of it as a reward to his brit advisors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.