Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Are u a battered husband??

Are u a battered husband??

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 4:30 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are u a battered husband??

There i was , standing by the deli counter in Spinneys, minding my own business.. when all of a sudden Mrs Speak slams a right hook into my left eye.. it hurt, especially as I wasn't looking.

So why did she do it u may ask... I had been a good boy all day..no ruffled feathers or cross words!!!

The woman behind the counter and the Scandihooloigan next to me both thought this most unusual.. and both voiced their opinions on battered hubbies... meanwhile Mrs Speak has quietly gone crimson..and was trying to melt into the background hoping no-one would notice her.

I made a quick exit..eye throbbing and later questioned the offening Missus as to why she wolloped me one... The excuse was that she was swotting a fly and missed - my face being a larger target.

personally I still don't believe her - especially as she still hasn't kissed my shiner better!!!

Are there any more battered husbands out there??? we must start a movement!!
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are u a battered husband??

I thought you said bladdered first time around...
Shows' what's on my mind I guess *lol*
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 5:15 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I thought you said bladdered first time around...
Shows' what's on my mind I guess *lol*
U having a good night then Bob..?
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
U having a good night then Bob..?
Cold actually, it's snowing crazy out....just had warm drinks on me mind...
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:31 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bob
The folks just rang to tell me Suffolk is freezing.....and thought I should know!!

Perhaps a white xmas for u then.....never seen one yet...would be nice...

Cheers...enjoy yr toddy

TS
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 6:32 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Are u a battered husband??

There i was , standing by the deli counter in Spinneys, minding my own business.. when all of a sudden Mrs Speak slams a right hook into my left eye.. it hurt, especially as I wasn't looking.

So why did she do it u may ask... I had been a good boy all day..no ruffled feathers or cross words!!!

The woman behind the counter and the Scandihooloigan next to me both thought this most unusual.. and both voiced their opinions on battered hubbies... meanwhile Mrs Speak has quietly gone crimson..and was trying to melt into the background hoping no-one would notice her.

I made a quick exit..eye throbbing and later questioned the offening Missus as to why she wolloped me one... The excuse was that she was swotting a fly and missed - my face being a larger target.

personally I still don't believe her - especially as she still hasn't kissed my shiner better!!!

Are there any more battered husbands out there??? we must start a movement!!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED SOME TLC
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 7:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Aye, seen a couple over here...very nice and festive...not so nice if you're the one that drew the short straw and have to go out and get the logs of wood tho
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:30 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, seen a couple over here...very nice and festive...not so nice if you're the one that drew the short straw and have to go out and get the logs of wood tho
Don't tell me, the short straw is geneally yours!!
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:30 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Fairydust
SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED SOME TLC
A never a truer word was spoken...just woke up with a bad case of the flue!! wretched..that me
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Don't tell me, the short straw is geneally yours!!
Last couple years i've been getting quite good at collecting the logs
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:39 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bob
Last couple years i've been getting quite good at collecting the logs
How about making a news years reolution - for 2005 the missus does it...only fair How would she feeel about this..
Old Dec 4th 2004, 1:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

How about making a news years reolution - for 2005 the missus does it...only fair How would she feeel about this..
She won't mind, we don't have a log fire or stove at the apartment, but her folks and grandmother does *lol*
Old Dec 4th 2004, 3:06 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Morning Bob. Would you like to swap places? You can have Xmas in the sun and I can have the snow..
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Just over an inch of snow so far, supposed to get 4 inches...some parts of the state got 14 inches though....so just a bit then
Old Dec 4th 2004, 4:44 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

The folks just rang to tell me Suffolk is freezing.....and thought I should know!!

Cheers...enjoy yr toddy

TS

You're from Suffolk?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.