Travel Insurance

Old Jun 16th 2016, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

asjglx will become famous soon enough
Default Travel Insurance

Hi all,

I'm British and currently living in Oman with a residence visa.

I am lucky to be escaping the heat and the remaining days of Ramadan very soon for a trip to Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam.

I'd like to take out some travel insurance for the trip, can anyone recommend somewhere online to get this from?

I looked at some UK companies but i'm hesitant to buy it because I fear that they won't cover me in case of a problem due to my Omani resident status.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old Jun 16th 2016, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Insurance

I always use www.worldnomads.com. You do it all online and they are especially good if you like to do adventurous activities.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

asjglx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I always use www.worldnomads.com. You do it all online and they are especially good if you like to do adventurous activities.
Perfect, thank you!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

These guys are very efficient about sorting claims, and used to GCC resident expats: Travel Insurance Online From GCC
Old Jun 21st 2016, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

World Nomads is super expensive in my experience. Columbus International offer cheaper travel insurance for residents of non-UK countries.

Also your credit card may offer insurance if you pay for the trip using the card. However it's generally not as good/comprehensive as a dedicated insurance policy.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I always use Axa Gulf....quick and reasonable
Old Jun 21st 2016, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
World Nomads is super expensive in my experience. .
Really? They've always been reasonable when I have looked. I also get a regulars discount.

They may possibly seem a bit more expensive than others, however, this is probably due to the fact their cover is aimed at back packers / adventurers etc rather than the package holiday market. As such, they cover a lot of the more risky pursuits as standard.