Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transferring from Dubai to the UK

Transferring from Dubai to the UK

Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Jag21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring from Dubai to the UK

Hi - would appreciate any advice for sending money from my Dubai salary paid account (in to the UK to pay for bills monthly whilst I am away. Any one know the best way to do this without incurring charges (other than currency conversion). Most banks seem to charge £25 just to receive the payment in sterling here

Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferring from Dubai to the UK

I think Meow may be able to suggest a company that don't rip you off, if you ask her nicely
Old Apr 17th 2013, 6:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I can indeed.

Jag21 - if you contact me either by PM, or via the link in my signature line below, I can sent you details of the procedure and all the info you need.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jag21
Hi - would appreciate any advice for sending money from my Dubai salary paid account (in to the UK to pay for bills monthly whilst I am away. Any one know the best way to do this without incurring charges (other than currency conversion). Most banks seem to charge £25 just to receive the payment in sterling here

Thanks
Hi Jag, I used the same service recommended by Meow and it is highly recommended. I refused to send money through the bank and be charged and this seemed a much better option. Use it every month now!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Jag21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - I'll contact Meow for that. Cheers