Reload this Page >

Transfering Money back to UK

Transfering Money back to UK

Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:18 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transfering Money back to UK

Originally Posted by Bodach
In actual fact all banks here are the same if you have any changes, request etc., takes ages to fix, Dubai way I am afraid, for example internet banking, check to see if wages have been paid, yip they are shown on line, go to back to withdraw, nope ATM machine is 24 hours behind bank!? How that works I don't know apart from bank telling me ATM machines do not belong to them? It takes 24 hours ATM to confirm wages can be paid, more like 24 hours investment of my money and they get the benefit!

How hum such is life in UAE.

B
We get a text from HSBC to tell us when salary has been direct credited.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Bodach is an unknown quantity at this point

Mirdif, I use them! its a branch office, if ATM is down they can't pay you as the don't handle cash? Thought thats what banks do?!

B
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

In actual fact all banks here are the same if you have any changes, request etc., takes ages to fix, Dubai way I am afraid, for example internet banking, check to see if wages have been paid, yip they are shown on line, go to back to withdraw, nope ATM machine is 24 hours behind bank!? How that works I don't know apart from bank telling me ATM machines do not belong to them? It takes 24 hours ATM to confirm wages can be paid, more like 24 hours investment of my money and they get the benefit!

How hum such is life in UAE.

B
excellent... i didn't realise the computers over there worked on AST as well
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Mirdif, I use them! its a branch office, if ATM is down they can't pay you as the don't handle cash? Thought thats what banks do?!

B
Yea but I was only going to use them as a holding bank..keep wages in Emirates and...how would they handle me handing over a wodge of cash then??? Strange things happen in this country .....
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Bodach is an unknown quantity at this point

It will have to be the main branch down town I would imagine. Check with them in Mirdif.

B
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

It will have to be the main branch down town I would imagine. Check with them in Mirdif.

B

WHAT is wrong with these people :curse::curse::curse:
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
WHAT is wrong with these people :curse::curse::curse:
warned you...pmsl...!!!!

MM, xx
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
warned you...pmsl...!!!!

MM, xx
Wanted to give you a Karma for that because it made me laugh but the powers that be said I had to spread it around first ...so hey hope its not a Dry night on Thursday
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Expa_4_Life is an unknown quantity at this point

well maybe we've been unlucky...but every single thing has been a major struggle to sort out...

MM, xx
HSBC while operating under a global umbrella really does seem to vary from country to country. For example ion Hong Kong the service, facilities etc are tremendous - they would put ANY European or North American bank to shame. HSBC in China is slowly catching up to the HKG model. HSBC in Canada really is awful to deal with while Thailand they are pretty ok. So the idea is 'it depends'. I believe they all use the same internet model so online banking is pretty painless once you have been setup.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:24 am
W10

HSBC, Lloyds and all of the international banks are basically franchises that have very little to do with the parent companies other than branding and products.

Lloyds TSB Dubai has zero dealings with Lloyds TSB UK, likewise HSBC...it's really odd.

Anyway - I find them all pretty much the same. It takes a long time to get anything done and a lot of them insist on you going into the branch for certain transactions.

I use Lloyds and they seem ok - but I do transfer into a Lloyds offshore account too. Not sure what it would be like if you were transferring to a different one.

Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

oh i think my hubbie would kill someone from there if he could, cock up after cock up...muppets. Shame, cos they are good in the UK...

MM, xx
Seconded!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel a bit silly now - i haven't transferred ANY money yet... maybe i should be, but with the GBP getting steadily stronger since i got here i've chickened out of selling my hard-earned dirhams.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
I feel a bit silly now - i haven't transferred ANY money yet... maybe i should be, but with the GBP getting steadily stronger since i got here i've chickened out of selling my hard-earned dirhams.
put it offshore in a dollar account

saying that I know nothing about money apart from how to spend it, which I am sure Atilla will confirm
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

saying that I know nothing about money apart from how to spend it, which I am sure Atilla will confirm
Can someone explain to me the benefit of these off-shore accounts.
I used to have one but I didn't see the point of transferring dhs to usd and the bank getting a wee cut from the savings on the difference between their buy and sell rates.
and then one day transferring the USD to sterling and the bank again taking a cut.
I just leave it in DHS and transfer to sterling and the bank gets the cut once.

Both dhs and usd are tax free so what's the point?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

ZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant futureZIGGY2007 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

You been buying Bradleys again ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.